TWENTY-FIVE.

TWENTY-FIVE; PUB CRAWLS AND HANGOVERS

"Are you sure you're ok?" Spencer says as he does up his tie, turning to his girlfriend who was perfecting her winged liner, "Right now all I wanna do is have fun in my hometown, with my boyfriend and my friends, I don't want to think about him or anything surrounding the case, I can confront that tomorrow."  He nods, understanding her need to put something else at the forefront of her mind, he knew she would talk to him when she was ready, he just had to wait. Plus, he knew that with the hangover the entire group would have the next morning, the flight would go quickly.

Aurora's heels click as she and Spencer walk hand in hand down the hallway, meeting the rest of the team one by one emerging from their rooms, all dressed up and ready for a night out, the girls clump together leaving the boys standing awkwardly as they fawn over each other's outfits, Rossi clears his throat, "um, ladies, where exactly are we going?" They turn, Aurora perking up, "follow me ladies and gents, leave your morals at the door" she walks ahead, Hotch rolling his eyes before following the group. knowing that the night wasn't gonna end well for anyone.

Reaching their first bar, they all turn to Rory, not knowing how it worked in Australia, she rolls her eyes and walks up to the bar, "hey, could we get eight tequila shots? thanks" walking back over they stare at her in disbelief, Hotch is the first to speak, "we're starting with tequila??" Emily and Rory high-five, "absolutely, also whos paying" all eyes turn to Rossi and he sighs, "fine tonight is on me" he gives in and the group, minus Hotch who was still vaguely pissy, cheers, the waitress comes over with their shots and Aurora passes them out, "come on let's go, lick, drink, suck on the lime, you got it?" Spencer and Hotch's faces are contorted with uncertainty, but eventually they give in, "3, 2, 1!" they all lick the salt on their hand before downing the shot and suck on their lemon, cheers erupt and even Hotch cracks open a smile.

By the time they reach the second bar, Hotch has completely relaxed, four tequila shots will do that to a person, even Hotch surprisingly. Morgan had successfully gotten four phone numbers and Rory had to drag the poor woman off his lap so they could make their way to the next one, her hand was stuck permanently in Spencers as they walk down the busy streets as the sun set, She leans over and whispers in his ear, "this sunset is kind of romantic" Morgan walks in front of them with his arm wrapped around Garcia, no-one heard her comment, "don't forget our boss is just in front of us silly girl" she giggles, looking to her left and seeing Hotch and Rossi laughing about who knows what, Emily, who was walking next to JJ turns around, "I see mom and dad are having fun finally" the two in question spin around to face them, the group bursts out laughing and walks through the doors of bar number three, "so what do we want?" Aurora ponders for a minute before responding, "margaritas?" Emily JJ and Garcia cheer, high fiving each other, the boys share a look, rolling their eyes at the slightly drunk women.

Giving in, Rossi gets them each a margarita from the bar, making sure to grab a couple baskets of wedges, hoping that carbs would help give a little extra padding for their ensuring hangovers, returning to where they were sitting outside, the city lights give a beautiful hue to the night sky, The group cheers as he approaches, the noise from inside the bar carrying outside, "wedges? yes!" Aurora yells grabbing one of the baskets to share around, her hand immediately reconnecting with Spencer's, the two were practically attached at the hip, but everyone knew what kind of day she had endured, she deserved a few drinks and to be able to hold her boyfriend's hand in public, Hotch made a mental note to give them a small talking to if they try to make out in front of the group, that would be crossing the line.

For just a few hours it almost felt normal, the team laughed, drank and then eventually stumbled back into the elevator in their hotel, absolutely wasted, even Hotch had a slur to his voice, Garcia had told each member she loved them too many times to count and Morgan had successfully received twelve women's phone numbers in that one night alone. Even though Reid had some unwanted advances towards him on two occasions, both times, it took both Hotch and Rossi to restrain Rory from attacking her. In that moment, Emily and JJ on the other hand, stood cheering her on, not so secretly knowing even drunk Rory would kick her ass into the next decade. Walking down the Hallway, the team unconsciously makes the decision to all crash in the closet room, somehow they managed to fit three people in the double bed, and two on each couch and one on the chair, it was a bit squashed, but all eight, plastered adults did not have a care in the world, Hotch had the most wits about him and set an alarm for 6am the next morning, which wasn't very appetising, seeing as it had reached 2am and they would get a mere four hours of sleep.