TWENTY-EIGHT.

TWENTY-EIGHT; TIME TO FACE THE MUSIC.

50,000 miles away from the jet, a balding man sat in his living room, surrounded by computers, a small alert went off on the screen to his bottom left. Looking over he reads it, 'ALERT: the FBI are on their way they know who you are.' Tom panics, he knew this day would come, he knew his little Aurora would find him some day... it was just a matter of when.

That was when he heard the sirens in the distance, he had planned for this, he smiled to himself.

--

"Ok, ok yep, thankyou, we're about 45 minutes out" Hotch hung up the phone, "ok so we have the Australian equivalent of SWAT, the SRG waiting for us, and the local police have locked down the neighbourhood" Everyone nods, setting out their bullet proof vests and guns in front of them, preparing fully for what was to come. Spencer had his arm around Rory, trying his best to be of a little comfort to her, her anxiety was coming off her in waves, he couldn't wait until they just got back to her plant filled apartment with pixie, and this would be over, but he knew it was far from over and the feeling of dread weighed heavy in his gut, he had a bad feeling about this.

The team sat in silence, waiting impatiently for the plane to land, the desperate need to catch this man was taking over. Aurora wasn't as angry as she had been when they first got on the plane, she was more determined, she knew that they would bring justice to this monster, and bring closure to all of the families who were affected by him, including herself. She had waited so long for a lead like this, she would not let him get away. Although her knee jerk reaction was that she wanted the man who killed her parents and raped her dead, but Aurora knew that would not be what her parents wanted, so she settled for knowing he would go away for life, he would never see the light of day again, even though he got to live, the knowledge that the man who did such heinous things would spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars was rather satisfying.

Across the jet Emily and Morgan spoke quietly amongst themselves, "you know what's bothering me?" Morgan posed, Emily looks up at him, intrigued "what" she asks, "well, if he's smart enough to be able to stay this far off the grid then he must be smart enough to know we're coming, but he can't leave, we have the whole street locked down, so what does he do?" Emily's brow furrows, knowing he was right he would at least know his street was blocked off, what would he do if he was cornered? "guys, Morgan was just saying, like, if he's smart enough to stay off the grid, wouldn't he find a way to set up an alert for when we find his new identities, like Foyet did?" Hotch stiffens up at Emily's use of the man who killed his wife as an example, nevertheless they were right, he wouldn't just sit and wait...

"So you're saying it might be a trap?" Penelope asks the terror and worry evident in her voice, she didn't want any of her best friends getting hurt. Morgan nods, "ok so what would he have access to, Garcia?" Rossi asks, Penelope replies by typing away furiously on her laptop, "ok, so I have his online purchase records, he had purchased large amounts of paint thinner in the past week, wait that's a type of fire starter isn't it?" Penelope looks up, the terror in her eyes at the prospect of the team getting hurt, "yeah Garcia, that's exactly what it is'' Morgan lets out a deep sigh, a pit in his stomach. "well he has no suicidal tendencies, we know that because everything was stemmed from his parents and they did not have any suicide attempts, so we can assume he has an escape plan" The team nods and Garcia continues to type furiously, searching the her browsers for answers "I got something! ok so the house he lives in currently is built over the sewer drains, and I pulled up a record of the people whose job it is to clean said sewers, poor guys, they made an official statement that there was a small trapdoor on the roof, that trapdoor according to this is right under his backyard, he must've dug some kind of tunnel as an escape route."