TWENTY-ONE.

TWENTY-ONE; BUSTED

The two lovebirds wake up in a tangle of limbs the next morning, both of their phones buzzing violently, Aurora groans sleepily, burying her head into her boyfriend's chest and he chuckles softly, reaching over her to his phone, careful not to move the grumpy woman who had settled peacefully into his chest.

Garcia- you two lovebirds are late for work, Hotch is worried, you had better be getting your butt to the office.

Morgan- hey kid, get to the office you're late.

JJ- Spence, you are late to work, it's 9:40!

Hotch- Reid, is everything ok you're late for work.

He groans, and pats his girlfriend on the head, "good morning beautiful, we are 40 mins late for work, Rora the team is blowing up our phones"  her head shoots up, eyes wide "SHIT! fuck fuck fuc fuck are we gonna get fired??!! fuck fuck fuck oh Hotch is definitely gonna fire us" she flies out of bed and scrambles around her room in a panic, finding miscellaneous items of clothing "oh fuck my turtleneck is in the wash, a scarf will have to do" Spencer is hurriedly pulling his pants on and buttoning his shirt as the poor woman talks to herself in stress, she eventually finds a blouse, blazer and pants that go with a scarf she can use to cover up her neck situation. Her phone rings and Penelope's face fills her phone screen, she answers "I am so so sorry Pen, can you please tell Hotch we'll be there in 20mins, SPENCE HURRY UP WE GOTTA GO" she puffs as she buttons up her blouse as her phone is jammed between her ear and shoulder "ooo so that's why your late" she could hear the grin in Penelope's voice "oh shush, I'll see you soon, make sure there is coffee" Aurora hangs up the phone and grabs her makeup bag to do it in the car "Spence you're driving I've got to do my makeup in the car!" he nods frantically and grabs his bag as they rush out the door sprinting down the stairs and jumping in his car.

"You got a little something" He taps his neck while smirking and looking at the peeking marks uncovered by the falling scarf as she puts on her mascara, she blushes and pulls her scarf tighter around her neck "my turtle neck is in the wash, please remind me to buy a new one ASAP" he laughs, at her antics and speeds up the car knowing they were in for a beating from Hotch when they got to work. "I will I will, I don't even know why you wear makeup you look just as beautiful without it" he says, making sure to keep his eyes on the road, knowing his face would betray him and go a bright shade of fuchsia she smiles, blushing as she zips her makeup bag closed "you're too sweet" he looks over at her, a light blush on his cheeks "it's true!" His voice breaks and he goes a deep shade of red, she bursts out laughing "its ok Spence you're still the most handsome, even when your voice crack like a prepubescent kid" she laughs and he scowls playfully swatting her shoulder as they pull up at the parking lot of their offices, in the FBI headquarters, Quantico.

They leap out of the car and sprint to the elevator, Rory turns to him, "can you see them?" She moves her head side to side and he examines her, trying to find a trace of the marks he had left the night before, the memories of how they had gotten there circling his mind, pushing them down, knowing he was at work, he replies to her, "nope, you're good" she sighs in relief as the ding of the opening doors cause them to run towards the doors, the raised eyebrows of the five agents sitting around their desks turn towards them "Reid, Hearst, my office, now." Hotch stands, an authoritarian expression on his face, the two look at the ground and follow him into his office, knowing what is coming.

"Now, I hope you know the limb I have outstretched for the two of you, overlooking the equations on romantic relations between agents. I did this because I trust that the both of you are capable of remaining professional if any personal problems arise, but. What will not happen again is the two of you being 40 minutes late to work, because you two were too busy with each other, do i make myself clear?" Hotch looks down at the two agents seated before him, unable to help the feeling of similarity to the way he felt when disciplining Jack, his 7 year old son. "Yes sir" Aurora's soft voice replies "yes sir" Reid's follows, He nods "good. Now get back to your desks, as I'm sure you have a lot of paperwork to do." They nod, standing still as statues as he holds open his door and they walk down the stairs, being careful not to meet the other's eye.