THIRTY-THREE.

THIRTY-THREE; FIRE BRIMMED EYES

Taking their designated seats the BAU settle into the gloomy atmosphere that weighs heavily on the room. Aurora exchanges a look with Spencer, knowing their day would be a rough one, but that they were there for each other no matter what bullshit came their way. The message seems to come through as Spencer smiles and squeezes her hand in support.

An officer walks through the heavy doors, with a stack of case files in hand, and a forlorn expression on his face. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we got another one" the team signs and pushes aside the already large number of case files that were gathering in front of them to make room for the new one that he was hanging around. "This is Jacob Mcleish, the perp left his ID at the scene, our forensics team is down there now, i'll let you know as soon as we can go.'' Hotch nods in his direction and the man walks out the door hurriedly, like he didn't want to be there for any longer than necessary.

Opening up the files the dread fills the faces of the BAU, not even wanting to open the pages, but they had to. Spencer signs before starting "ok so he has seven stab wounds to the eyes, and eighteen slash like wounds to the hands as well as complete genital removal and mutation. It is clear she used a small kitchen knife due to the small, precise nature of the stab wounds." the team nods, agreeing with him, and flicking through the pages. Seeing the murder weapon, being that very small kitchen knife which h had just explained. Next to it they saw a set of prints. Hotch presses the button on his phone to call garcia.

"Good Morning crime fighters what can i do you for" even in the darkest of times Garcia was always positive, it brought a small smile to her face. "Garcia, can you run the prints i have just sent you through the FBI ex-employee database" there was silence on the other end of the line, not even the usual tapping of computer keys. "Um.. sir, are you sure it's her" Penelope's voice was soft and high pitched, she didnt even wanna put her fingers to the keys in front of her. "This is how we find out garcia" the sound of her sigh comes through the phone, before the familiar sound of computer keys tapping fills their ears, the tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. No-one wanted to believe it could be her.

That was until Penelope's sad, and gloomy voice filled their ears "its her. The prints found at the scene were an exact match to one ex-profiler, Elle Greenaway '' Spencer's eyes filled with tears, he wasn the only one. JJ teared up, and it may have been a trick of the light but Auror could swear she saw a glimpse of a tear in the eyes of Aaron Hotchner. Morgan did not tear up, he was angry, that news lit a fire behind his eyes, one she had never seen before. She didn't know how he was handling it, but she watched him build a wall of fire in front of his emotions, he was not about to let her win.

The beeping cut through the silence as Garcia hung up the phone, unable to face reality. The team exchanged looks and Rory grasped Spencer's hand so tightly, he thought it may break in half. Emily and JJ were the same way. Aurora took a deep breath, " at least now we know who she is, we can catch her'' Rory's words seemed to light a fire under JJ and Hotch, they both sit up sharply, wipe their eyes, hotch did so vert discreetly, and she saw their eyes harden with determination, they were gonna catch her whether she wanted to be found or not.

--

"We need to treat her as any other unsub ok?" Hotch begins, pinning the newest crime scene photos to the already full case board. "So what do we normally start with?" the team sits up straight, "victimology" Rossi says, "right, so what would we say here" JJ takes a deep breath "all the victims are white men between the ages of 30 and 50, they all have sexual assault allegations that were dismissed and they all seem to run in different social circles, some were rich golfers, while others were poor construction workers." Rory nods noticing something she didn't before, "look at their tox screen reports, there is no drugs or alcohol whatsoever, but there also isn't any signs of a blitz attack, she wouldn't have been able to subdue them without any anaesthetic or some other drug" the teams brows furrow, taking in the new information, "you're right, so she must have used some kind of drug that would metabolise fast enough to be out of their system by the time of death"