THREE.

THREE; LANDING

Aurora wakes up 4 hours later to the landing announcement, She springs up and whips out her phone to text Penelope.

Hey Pen, I'm Landing!! I can't wait to see you. Rory xoxo

She scrambles to make sure she has all of her stuff, if she left anything on that plane she would flip out, not a single bit of exhaustion left in her, she was jittery and ready to get off that plane and start her new life. one in DC with the FBI! She absolutely could not believe this was finally happening. As soon as that plane landed she was ready, she say there carry bag in hand ready to go, she had managed to get herself a seat close to the door, so she was one of the first people off, she walked off, smelling the air, she couldn't quite place it but it didn't smell the same as Melbourne, she just assumes she'll get used to the smell.

She knows that they're not just gonna send her suitcase around with the rest of them, cause of the carrying guns and all, so she approaches the information desk, "hi um I'm Doctor Aurora Hearst and I was wondering where I could find my bags?"
she smiles at the agent kindly as Aurora displays her credentials and gestures for her to follow, "of course dearie, follow me.''
She was a sweet lady. Following her into a back room where her bags sat bags, grabbing then and thanking her, before walk out the same way, before her steps were interrupted by the sound of a phone buzzing.

AH I'm waiting for you on the sidewalk outside the airport I can't wait to see you!! Pen xoxoxo

walking out into the main hall, she felt the caffeine cravings mounting, staring at the long line infront of the coffee shop she decides begrudgingly to wait to arrive at the apartment. She finally finds the front doors, and walks out searching for that familiar face in the sea of strangers "RORY!"
comes the familiar voice of Penelope Garcia, running towards her dropping the large bags as she pulls the younger woman into a tight hug, she winced almost positive she could feel a rub cracking "I cant believe you're finally here!!!"
she squeals into the blazer clad shoulder, letting out a strained chuckle "well Pen you won't have me for long if your snap me in half within my first hour here"
Looking at her smiling as she jumps off "I'm sorry I'm sorry I've just missed you so much ahhh"
She grins, a warmth spreading in her chest, having not had many friends back home, she appreciated Penelope's care.

walking to her car, Aurora takes note of the model in awe taking note to get herself a car asap.
Pen drives all the way through the city. Rory gazes out the window in awe as she passed through unfamiliar streets. Approaching the apartment building the nerves build up in her stomach. "You have no idea how excited the team is, Em and JJ are so excited to finally have another girl out there in the field, also another girl for our girls nights!"
she was rambling, aurora withholds a chuckle. "I'm actually so excited to get started on work. I've wanted to work for the BAU since I was 17! I can quote all of Rossi's books word for word, I might just collapse of excitement when I meet him!"
Pen is almost jumping out of her seat in excitement, the anticipation builds up in rory's stomach "don't be nervous Rossi is like the mother hen of the team, I swear sometimes Hotch and Rossi are the mom and dad of the team!"
Laughing loudly imagining them telling her off for swearing "fuckk I can just imagine them telling me off for my language!"
Penelope bursts out laughing knowing already that Rory had the dirtiest mouth she's ever known, "yea look I'm not sure if your 'but I'm aussie' excuse is gonna go well"
Laughing back with her "I can't help it! I even have the cunt pass. I'm Aussie mate!"
She starts dying of laughter she does that every time the Australian woman says mate, aurora grins predicting that this will be an ongoing phenomenon, "you make me laugh Rory, if you call Hotch mate I'm gonna LOSE IT"
Rory's stomach began to hurt from laughter and a comfortable feeling settles in her stomach, after merely a few minutes with the bubbly woman she felt at home.

Pulling up into the car part at the apartment complex and Penelope helps bring the bags into the elevator, feeling her heart racing as the elevator goes up floor by floor to the new apartment. Punching the code into the door, noticing a bunch of parcels on the doormat, the neighbors mustn't have gotten to them, unlocking the door and Pen walks in first "damn Rory you were not kidding when you said you had a lot of parcels''
she looks around at the empty apartment filled with boxes of stuff. Rory signs in defeat looking around at the bags. "I need coffee, any chance you know a good coffee place? and I have a few boxes I wanna take to the office before I get stuck into interior decorating, plus I know you probably have work to do, Isn't the team still working a case in Seattle?"
She smiles and puts the bags down in the corner "sounds like a plan"
she smiles and grab my file boxes and purse, she walks out first as I lock the door, I'll deal with this later. "aight let's go."
Walking back down to the car, anticipation for what's to come builds in her stomach.

Finally arriving at Pen's favorite coffee place. both ordering the very same dose of caffeine, a large extra strong cold brew. knowing they'd need it for what was to come that long day.

Pulling up in the underground car part of the FBI building. the nervous jitters take over Rory's body. "so they're all still in Seattle aren't they?"
The newest bau member turns to Penelope and asks "yes they are but I'll probably need to give them some information via phone while we're here, you get to see me work yay!"
Laughing at her excitement before stopping short in awe of the building, glass doors with the FBI crest everywhere the breath is almost knocked from her lungs Garcia notices haver face and laughs "impressive Isn't it. Come on, I'll show you your new desk."
Still in shock all Rory can do is nod, walking through the doors into the BAU bullpen. The room was practically empty, probably because the team was in Seattle. Pen walks the still shellshocked woman over to the empty desk "ok now this one will be yours, right across from our resident boy genius, OMG boy and girl genius you would make such a good couple!"
Rolling her eyes at the blonde. rory chuckles knowing damn well that Penelope wouldn't give up, "come on Pen we both know that's against the rules."
she laughs, shaking her head, Aurora signs knowing that she has not let it go just yet. "Ok ok, I've got to go up to my office. It's just up there come knock on my door when you've finished. I can introduce you to the team via facetime when you get back. I've got to do a few things."
Nodding at her as heels echo through the building walking up the stairs leaving Rory alone in the bullpen.

Taking a deep breath and setting down the boxes under the desk. pulling out her most treasured picture frame, in it the last photo she had taken with her parents, it was Christmas morning, She had looked so happy back then, so did they. Setting it down on the desk along with a pen tin and a short stack of files, and a small succulent which had been delivered to the apartment just to add a little splash of green. The rest of the files from way back home, in her past life are in a file box under the desk. When she was finished organising she made her way up the stairs to Pen's office. Knocking on the door and hearing heels clicking towards the door, Penelope's grinning face greets her and she sees at least 7 computer screens, eyes widening as she realised the extent to which Garcia had not been exaggerating. "ah come in come in perfect timing"
She grabs a spinney chair and has the out of place woman seated next to her infront of one of the many screens. she taps a button and a group of people appear on the screen "sir? we have ourselves a lovely guest, care to introduce yourselves"
The excitement radiated off her as she spoke, Aurora takes a deep breath through to her diaphragm nerves rattling around her body like a pin ball. 

"Oh Hi Aurora, Reid, Morgan Rossi come here"
Faces she recognised fill the screen and she feels her throat close up with nerves "Aurora, this is David Rossi''
he gives a friendly wave, feeling as though she may burst into tears at the sight of her idol she weakly waves back" Emily Prentiss'' the
dark haired woman on the right gives a warm smile and wave, the friendly smile helped to calm the rising nerves, "Jenifer Jareau''
the blonde lady also waves, smiling warmly, "and Spencer Reid''
he gives a small wave, she recognises that he was the closest to her in age, smiling softly at his nervous but sweet disposition, she waves softly back "and I'm Aaron Hotchner, but please, just Hotch''
She takes a deep breath, "um hi everyone I'm Aurora, but please call me Rory"

She takes a deep breath and smiles, the nerves settling into a manageable simmer at the bottom of her stomach. Smiling softly she realises this was where she belonged.