SIXTEEN.

SIXTEEN; THE MORNING AFTER

Aurora stirs, not recognizing the feel of the pillow she lay on, she sits up, confused about where she was. Last night's events come back to her, the kiss, the dinner, the movie, she smiles snuggling into the sweater she knew was his, the smell of frying bacon and coffee fills her nose, she slides out of bed and walk out to the kitchen to find Spence standing at the stove top frying bacon, she would never get over just how good he looked in the morning, in just a shirt and sweatpants, his hair messy. Smiling, she walks up behind him, wrapping her hands around him from behind whispering "good morning handsome" into his ear, he softens at her touch, smiling "good morning beautiful." She kisses his cheek and walks over to the coffee pot, pouring herself a cup, knowing it would be good, she takes a sip and sighs, as she had expected, she knew he made the best coffee.

"making me breakfast, what a gentleman" she says with a grin, as he puts her eggs, bacon and toast on a plate, he chuckles "only for you" he pulls out a chair for her placing the plate down on the table "this looks amazing thanks Spence" she smiles, almost unable to believe it was actually happening. "You're very welcome" he replies, smiling back at her from across the table. They eat in a comfortable silence, sneaking glances at the other, "so what do you wanna do today?" asks Spencer, with his chin resting in his palm looking lovingly up at her, She couldn't help but notice the look in his eyes and blush, she loved the way he looked at her, she loved the way he spoke, the way he said her name, blushing she replies "I don't mind, that's up to you Spence" he lets out a breathy laugh, they are interrupted by both of their phones buzzing.

Sorry to ruin your Sunday, but we got a case- Garcia

The two lovebirds sigh and nod "I should've known there would be something to interrupt our day '' Spencer says, still smiling at her, she cant help but smile back at him as they stand up, clearing the table. As per her demands Aurora does the dishes while Spencer gets changed and showers. Once she is finished, she puts on her skirt and boots from the night before, not wanting to take off the sweater, it smelled like him. "Hey Spence, I've gotta drop by my place to change before I go in, can you tell Pen I'm running late?" He walks out of his room, hair still wet from the shower, He smiles, taking in how beautiful she looked in his sweater "yeah no problem" he walks over to her and pulls her in for a kiss, the both of them smile into the kiss, before pulling away, "I'll see you soon yeah?" Rora looks at him with a sweet smile. "I'll see you at work beautiful" she opens the door and walks out blowing him a kiss before shutting the door.

She walks down the stairs to her car with a skip in her step, she hoped they wouldn't give them too much crap at work, but she knew they were in for it. But she didn't even care, anything in the world was worth it if she got to kiss him again.

--

Spencer's car pulls up in the Quantico underground car park, and he hops out, unable to wipe the grin off his face. He bites his lip as thoughts of kissing her cross his mind. He steps into the elevator and goes to press the close door button "woah woah woah slow down there pretty boy, a bit lost in thought are we?" The voice of Derek Morgan interrupts his thoughts, he clears his throat, "I-uh-nope um nothing?" Derek shoots him a look and He gives in, "ok fine, it was amazing, she slept over- but nothing like that happened, we just kissed" he finishes, noticing the look on Morgan's face when he says she stayed over. "Ok loverboy, so... Do you love her?" Spencer's face goes a dark shade of red and he splutters, Morgan just laughs at him, "don't stress kid, just try not to make out in front of Hotch. I think the old man might pass out." Spence just nods frantically, unable to form words, Morgan chuckles and ruffles his hair. Secretly Morgan was so proud of him, He saw Reid like a little brother and the happiness he saw in the kid's eyes filled him with joy.

--

Aurora arrives home with the lovesick smile glued to her face, the lingering feeling of Spencer's lips on hers filling her with a feeling she couldn't describe, she drops her bag on the floor and rushing to her room to get changed, she lovingly lays Spence's sweater on her bed, planning to pack it in her go bag for her to sleep in. She throws on pants and a blouse, brushing her hair through and putting on her coffee. grabbing her go-bag shoving a couple books and his sweater in it, she pours the entire pot of coffee into her cup and closes the door after her, deciding to call Lexie from the jet.

--

"Hey guys" Spence calls as they join him and Morgan in the round table room "Rora is on her way" he waits for a second, a pit forming in his stomach knowing what was coming, knowing grins form on all the girl's faces "and why would that be loverboy" Emily teases, how would she know that aurora stayed the night, he convinces himself, "um-" he is interrupted by Hotch and Rossi walking in, 'saved by the bell' he thinks to himself. "Where's Aurora, we have a bad one" He shrinks down in his seat, praying no-one turns to him, "I don't know, Reid? Where's Rory?" Emily looks at him with a smirk, JJ, Garcia and Morgan are clearly holding in their laughter "she's on her way" He says, but his voice accidentally goes all high pitched, he curses his voice box for giving him away. Hotch raises his eyebrows and goes to start talking, when he is interrupted by a very out of breath Aurora sprints in the door after throwing her go bag at her desk, her coffee almost flying out of her cup, if there wasn't a lid, she wouldn't have any coffee left "I'm so sorry I'm late sir, I-uh traffic was bad" she manages to get out, that last part was almost a question. Hotch just nods, we share eye contact for a split second before we both look away, a blush on both our cheeks.

"Ok so we're headed to Atlanta, where a string of murders have just been connected, there are 9 victims, all prostitutes from all over the city, but what is especially concerning is the way these bodies were found. They were found with their bodies still intact but all of their skin and muscle was cut away with some form of knife. The press is calling him 'The Slaughterman'."

Aurora is sitting, flicking through the pages of the case file with a disgusted look on her face, she feels eyes on her, looking up, she sees JJ Penelope and Emily looking at her with raised eyebrows, 'you're telling us everything' JJ mouths, Rory just rolls her eyes, "so we're all thinking he is eating them right? I mean why else take all the "meat" off their bones, as gross as that is. Maybe we're looking at a butcher gone mad?" Hotch seems to agree with her statement "Garcia, look into any slaughterhouses in the unsub's comfort zone. The press is having a field day with this one, so Time is of the essence" we all nod, closing our case files.

"Wheels up in 20"