THIRTEEN.

THIRTEEN; FIRSTS

Aurora lay in bed with pixie and a book, later that night, she kept getting distracted with thoughts of Spencer, his voice kept sneaking its way back in, she didn't know a word to describe it, she loved it. It was a Friday night so she wouldn't see him until Monday,  why did that make her so sad, she should be able to go two days without seeing someone, this was Emily, JJ and Penelope's fault, they had put the idea in her head. but she knew that she was never going to do anything about it, she may as well just forget about it .

--

Little did she know, Spencer Reid was pacing back and forth in front of her apartment door, with the book he had borrowed clutched in one hand, in the other a letter he had written, it took him about fifteen tries to get it right. He takes a deep breath and slides the letter onto his page of choice, he chose that page because the main character Natasha, finally admits that she likes Daniel and they kiss in the karaoke rooms, She probably wouldn't even notice his placement of the page but he just had to add that little extra thing. He places it on her door mat and knocks on the door before sprinting down the stairs making sure he was long gone by the time she would be opening the door.

--

A knock on the door interrupts her, she slides out of bed and walks to the front door looking around for whoever knocked on her door, there was no-one around. Aurora looks down at her welcome mat to see none other than the book she had lent to Spence 'The Sun is also a Star' she loved that book, but there was something slid between the pages. She opens the book to find a handwritten letter and a smile lights up her face and she unfolds it.

Rora,

We spoke of letter writing, specifically the letter library on the jet, so I thought this was a fitting way to ask you this.

By any chance would you like to come by my place tomorrow night, contrary to popular belief I am actually a pretty good cook, I could make you dinner and we could watch a movie? A real date this time, instead of shitty pizza at midnight, I think we could do better.

Also did you know that Aurora is the name of the goddess of the sunrise? I think it's fitting.

Goodnight Rora, sweet dreams xo

A smile filled my face, my heart raced, The girls were right, I squealed and did an embarrassing little dance in my kitchen, I grabbed pixie and spun her in a circle. I picked up the book and flick to the page of the book that he had left my letter on, 'ok fine Daniel I like you' no wayyyyy he even chose a page that fit, he couldn't be any more perfect! I squeal like a six year old, I can't help it, I can't believe this is happening. I grab my phone and I plug in Emily and Penelope's numbers and hit call.

"Aurora it is one am why are you calling us?" the grumpy voice of Emily Prentiss comes through the line, both Pen and JJ let out grunts of agreement "guys!! you were right!" There was silence for a second before Pen spoke up "I always am in love but what's this abou-OH O M G what happened tell me EVERYTHING!"  "Wait oh my god what happened" "S P I L L " their voices layer on top of each other and I laugh at them. "so I hear a knock on my door right?" They give a collective "yeah"  "and the book that I had lent to him was sitting on my doormat, but he was nowhere in sight" I give it a moment for dramatic effect.

"Spit it out Hearst" comes the impatient voice of Em, "ok ok , I pick up the book and in it is a letter, hold on I'll read it out; Dear Rora, we spoke of letter writing specifically the letter library on the jet so I thought it would be the perfect way to do this" I hear Penelope and JJ gasp Em just shushes them wanting to hear the rest "by any chance would you like to come by my place tomorrow night, contrary to popular belief I am actually a pretty good cook, I could make you dinner and we could watch a movie? A real date this time, instead of shitty pizza at midnight, I think we could do better." even Em lets out a gasp this time,

"NO WAYYYYY"- JJ  "DAMN REID GREW BALLS OVERNIGHT-Em "YOU TWO ARE GONNA HAVE SUCH CUTE BABIES"- Pen, to be honest their answers to this letter honestly is just their quintessential personalities coming out to shine. "YEP and there's more, then he says also did you know that Aurora is the name of the goddess of the sunrise? I think it's fitting. goodnight Rora, sweet dreams xo, HOW CUTE" I have to hold my phone away from my face here because the ungodly noise three exited females could create would burst my eardrums "I'm gonna write a letter back and drop a book off at his door first thing tomorrow, wait what the hell do I wear??? oh no this Isn't gonna go well, it's gonna be so awkward and-" Emily interrupts my rambling, " uh uh uh you are not gonna talk yourself out of this, you and Reid have spent enough time together to start a conversation out of nowhere, you'll be fine, it's just dinner at his place and a movie yeah? well anything you wear will knock his socks off I doubt Reid has ever even been on a date," mhm's come from Both JJ and Pen agreeing with Em's words. " Maybe a skirt, boots and a jumper?" ok that I think I can do "ok I can do that, OH and did I mention which page of the book he put the letter on?" I hear noises of confusion "he put the letter on the page the girl finally admits she is in love with him" now they understood "awwww I love how he added something that literally only the two of you would notice" I can't tell if that's an insult or a compliment.

--

A few miles across the city, Spencer Reid is sitting on his couch staring into the abyss terrified he had just ruined his own life, he prayed that the next day she would drop by her reply letter, he didn't expect her to text or call him, even if she did it wouldn't be the same as a letter, all he could do was pray, and make sure he had a shopping list for what to get for their dinner tomorrow night, he was going to make the Carbonara recipe that Rossi had taught him, he knew he could pull that off, he also was planning to make chocolate covered strawberries for good measure. He walks into his bedroom and climbs into bed, there was nothing he could do except wait.

--

Aurora feels much better after her phone call with the girls and she grabs out her nice stationary and writes out her letter reply.

Spence,

I love that you chose to write me  a letter, I stand by my statement that they are a thousand times more romantic, I can hardly believe I am now able to say I know from experience.

i would love to, i think our date of shitty pizza was pretty great too, but i am yet to try your cooking, if it's anything like your coffee I'm sure it will be amazing. What time should I be there?

Also did you know that Spencer was princess Diana's maiden name?

I can't wait for tonight!

Love, Rora xo

I fold the letter in half and flick through the pages of 'Words in Deep Blue' to find the page where Rachel and Henry share their first kiss, perhaps he'll pick on my hints. I slide the letter onto the page and sit the book on the stand next to my door before walking into my room and deciding to call it a night.

I go to sleep with thoughts of Spence spinning around in my mind.