FIVE.

FIVE; THE START OF A VERY GOOD THING

Aurora spent the weekend rearranging her apartment, getting a cat, (a little gray sweet kitten she called pixie) getting a new car, and settling into DC, she was getting over the jet lag slowly, but she still found herself getting super tired in the afternoon. But she was getting there, slowly. she had read through three books over the weekend, she was gonna have to go book shopping soon, she had read almost every book she owned.

She spoke with Penelope often, texting and grabbing coffee, Pen showed her around DC, where to find things like good coffee and a service station (she still found it hilarious how Rory called it a servo) she got some strange looks whenever she spoke though her Australian accent sticking out like a sore thumb in the streets of Washington.

Her first day at work was tomorrow, she was so incredibly excited, but also terrified, one thing she had figured out though was that she would have to get someone to come over, water the plants and take care of pixie while she was away with work, she was looking through websites. Most of these people looked dodge as fuck but there was this one girl, called Lexie who was in college in DC and just needed a little extra cash. Rory gave her a call and she said that it was all good, whenever Aurora needed to go away for work, Lexie would come over daily, water the plants and feed Pixie for $15 per visit, Rory offered to pay her more but she insisted that it was her standard price.

Finally happy with her set up, she opened Netflix on her tv, grabbed a bowl of popcorn and decided to watch a movie in her new apartment in the new city. She selected the breakfast club and switched off her main light, settling into the blankets.

--

She wakes up the next morning, at the ungodly hour of 7am, almost not wanting to get up before releasing what day it was, it was her first day at work. Sliding out of bed her toes nuzzling in the soft new carpet, petting the sleeping form that was pixie on the end of her bed and padded softly over to the closet, grabbing out a professional seeming outfit of a button up top with pants and a blazer, as well as simple heeled boots. curling her short brown hair and put on a bit of makeup, enough to look professional was enough, it was too early for her to put in any real effort. Putting on coffee and brushed her teeth. Putting together a work bag, which consisted of her laptop and a couple of keepsakes she needed to put on her desk. These were a book and a little ceramic tree she had found the day before in a little thrift store. grabbing her cup, which held an entire pot of coffee and made her way out the door, locking it carefully.

driving to work Rory has to keep reminding herself to stay on the right side of the road. It's a miracle she was yet to get into a crash honestly. A call from the one and only Penelope Garcia comes through while she drives, smiling she answers, "Hi Pen"
answering through the Bluetooth, "Rory! are you almost here?"
Rory sighs and shakers her head there is another half an hour before she had to be there, "I'm 15 minutes away Pen can you handle that?"
teased her, she was the most impatient person rory know, " yea yea ok just get here!"
laughing at her impatience she is more excited about Rory's first day she is.

Exactly fifteen minutes later she pulls into the parking lot of the bureau's headquarters recognising Pen's car in her usual spot, grabbing her bag and walking up into the elevator, pressing the button for the 6th floor, she can feel her heart beating in her throat. When the elevator dings to open Aurora takes a deep breath reminding herself that it's gonna be ok.

Walking through the big glass doors and seeing Pen standing near her new desk talking to someone, recognising him as Reid, having met him via facetime when they were in Seattle, Pen runs up trapping her in a bone crushing hug, "um Pen I can't breathe"
she lets the younger woman go, "sorry sorry"
laughing at her enthusiasm as she grabs her hand and practically skips Rory over to her new desk. "Spence. Rory, Rory Spence, now I need to go make sure Kevin hasn't eaten all my doughnuts I'll be back"
Both agents laugh as she runs up the stairs to her office in those heels . " Hey, I'm Rory, I guess we're desk buddies,"
She says as she plonks herself down on the spinney desk chair. "Spencer, yea that it does"
he smiles awkwardly, and Aurora takes a deep breath ignoring the fact that he was just her type, reminding herself that it was against the rules and it was her dream job she couldn't lose it, let alone over a guy. pulling out her book, coffee and ceramic tree and places them on the desk along with her laptop.

"pride and prejudice? I love that book!"
Rory pulls her head from her files hearing spence say from his side of the desk, her face lighting up "really? it's one of my favorites"
his face lights up the very same way hers did, "same! that and great expectations!"
Rory grins "shit me too! wait I heard someone introduce you as doctor Reid what's your PHD in?"
he blushes a little before answering "um, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, what about you?"her eyebrows raise, not having met anyone who has spent a similar amount of time at school she had, "wow that's a lot, I have them in chemistry, physics and Forensic Psychology."
he looks up interest peaked, "really? I really wanted to do that one as well but I decided to go with mathematics."
Rory's heart jumps, she hadn't ever met anyone who had the same love of maths as her "oh yeah that's fair, I was actually tossing up between those two as well"
he puts down the book he had open, fully committing to the conversation, "that's actually so uncommon did you know that only one percent of the population completed a doctorate?" she grins, already knowing that particular statistic "I actually did know that!" the surprise on his face is evident, even someone who didn't specialize in behavior would notice it.

"hey there pretty boy, try not to put her to sleep on her first day?" a deep voice comes from behind my chair, recognising it from the interrogation video, "but-but, she likes statistics"
she stifles a laugh at his stuttered objection "he's right sorry, I'm Rory by the way"
He chuckles down at her "hey kid, I'm Derek Morgan"
two women walk in together holding cups of coffee and setting their bags down on their desks, before walking over  sitting on the edge of the two desks. "Hey you're Aurora right? Emily Prentiss"
Startled that the older woman had recalled her name "Hey, Jenifer Jareau, JJ"
Rory recognises the soft spoken nature of the blonde "Hey, I'm Rory."
The next person to walk through the doors was the one and only David Rossi. She feels her face going red, as her idol walked step by step closer "hey Rossi"
Morgan yells, "come meet girl genius"
nerves jump up into her throat as her idol steps closer. He walks over "Hey, its Rory right, I'm Dave"
her heart jumps into her oesophagus letting out an accidental squeak as she attempts to say hi, clearing her throat and trying again "um.. hi I'm Rory"
the group chuckle at her shyness, he just smiles warmly down at her, seeing why Pen says he's like a mother. Hotch leans out of his office and calls out, "round table 10 mins, we have a case"
the group sighs, "again? we only got back on Saturday, I have to call my cat sitter again!"
Rory gasps all nerves vanishing "oh my god you have a cat too?"
Emily lights up at the mention of her cat "yea his name is Sergio do u wanna see a picture?" Rory grins ear to ear "yes absolutely, mine is pixie I got her like two days ago"
she pulls out her phone.

 Hotch leans out of his office and calls out, "round table 10 mins, we have a case" the group sighs, "again? we only got back on Saturday, I have to call my cat sitter again!" Rory gasps all nerves vanishing "oh my god you have a cat too?" Emily l...

^^Sergio

^^ Pixie

^^ Pixie

Walking through the bullpen and into the round table room where Pen and Hotch are waiting for the group. All sitting down as Pen hands around case files. Morgan sighs loudly "so where are we off to?"