NINE.

NINE; GONE

Penelope Garcia runs through the doors of the BAU clearly stressed out of her mind, she didn't have her usual cup of coffee with her, she was generally just frazzled "Rory? AURORA??" she called out over the chattering early morning bullpen, "she's probably just late relax Garcia" Emily calls back, "no no no no no no" She chants to herself as she runs to her office. the Four agents sitting down stairs share a look and follow her up the stairs.

She is sitting at her computers when they come up behind her "are you ok baby girl?" The soft voice of Derek Morgan came from behind her, '"no I am not ok, I have been calling Aurora non stop all morning and she has not answered a single call or text, it is so not like her, I'm worried!" The four agents share a worried look as Garcia frantically types on her multiple keyboards, "ok I have tracked her phone and car gps signals, her car is parked outside her favourite coffee place, but......" The look of absolute terror on her face said it for her "what Garcia where is she ?" Spencer Reid couldn't deal with the suspense this couldn't possibly be happening! "Her phone last pinged in an alleyway near the side of the coffee shop and has been deactivated since.."

--

Oh no oh no this couldn't possibly be happening, "deactivated what does that mean? It can't be easy to just deactivate your phone?" She has only been with us for a week. She has to be ok she has to be "no its not, if a phone has been deactivated it usually means someone has stepped on it or something equally terrifying." Fuck no this is not happening right now "where's Hotch and Rossi" I run out of Garcia's office and down the hall to Rossi's office, "Rossi! Aurora is missing" he looks up, dropping the case file he was looking through "what??" The terror clear in his voice "she is missing! Her car is parked out front of her favourite coffee shop and her phone has been smashed in an alleyway, she's gone." Rossi jumps up and runs out the door after me. we make it to Hotch's office and swing open the door, he is on the phone but I honestly couldn't care less. "Hotch! Aurora is missing" he immediately hangs up the phone. "Where was she last seen?" We need to find her. NOW. "Her car is parked outside her favourite coffee place and her phone has been smashed in an alleyway.

"Lets go."

--

The team speeds down the street in their black SUVs stressed out of their minds. They needed to find her. Fast. If anything happened to her they would never forgive themselves.

The most stressed out of them all was Spencer Reid, he sat there knees bouncing praying to god that she was gonna be ok. "Hey kid, she's gonna be ok, we'll find her.'' Morgan rubs his shoulder in comfort "but what if we don't, I-we cant lose her '' he almost slips up but he was not gonna admit his feelings under these circumstances, that wasn't gonna happen. Morgan gives him a knowing smile, "I know kid, and we will'' All he can do is nod, as Emily speeds up.

When they reached the alleyway, as expected there was a spilled cup of coffee and Aurora's cell phone smashed on the ground. There was a small splatter of blood on the ground next to it. Dread filled the stomachs of the BAU team. They knew something terrible had happened. "Wait.... I looked over a case just like this yesterday, someone here in DC has been snatching pretty brunette women outside coffee shops over the past three months, just here there have been 5 cases, no bodies yet. I was gonna present it to the team tomorrow, when I got more information." a black pit formed in the stomachs of the six agents as Hotch spoke. They knew this wasn't good." Contact the field office here in dc, we have to find her, fast."

--

She wakes up to a throbbing head and a cold concrete floor, one this running through her head 'what the hell happened?', then it all came back.