EIGHTEEN.

EIGHTEEN; THE SLAUGHTERMAN PART II

A banging knock on the door wakes the cuddling couple, Aurora jumps into Spencer's arms, He jams his glasses on his face and turns to see the time, it was 5am, why the hell were they being woken up "they better have a fucking good reason for waking us up this early" Aurora mutters as she gets out of bed rubbing her eyes and opening the door, it was Emily, "ok first of all, that couch does not look like anyone slept on it, and second is that Reid's sweater?" Rory groaned, it was too early for this "what do you want Em it's 5am" Her face suddenly goes fully serious "another girl is missing, don't even bother getting ready, just throw some leggings on and get down to the conference room, even Hotch is in sweat pants. Oh and don't worry, there's plenty of coffee" She nods and shuts the door, grabbing her leggings and hotel slippers "SPENCE? Did you hear Em?" she yells while she pulls on the leggings and letting out her hair, "YEP, COMING" he yells back, stumbling into the kitchen with a cardigan wrapped around him, "I hope you know I'm stealing that one day" She says as they walk out of the room, holding hands as they go.

They approach the conference room just as Rossi and Morgan walk in, letting go of each others hands "hey guys sorry its so early" Hotch looks like he has just woken up, in his hotel robe, t-shirt and sweatpants, he rubs his eye and points to the image of a girl on the screen, "this is Amy Winters, a 26 year old college student, brunette, the same as our last 9, i think it's safe to say he has a type. She went missing in the early hours of the morning, blitz attack outside of her college dorm after a night out. No witnesses" the team nods, sipping hot coffee. "We need to deliver the profile as soon as the precinct is open for business. So what do we have so far?" Rossi asks.

"A white male, mid to late thirties, with butchering experience" Aurora offers "maybe an ex who was a 26 year old brunette?" JJ chips in "let's think stressor; if we're thinking mid thirties it couldn't be the loss of said spouse?" the group ponders that thought for a moment before Spence chips in " maybe she just got remarried? Or had a child? Or even died?" Hotch dials Garcia's number, "you had better have a fucking wonderful reason for calling right now" comes the grumbling voice of Penelope, the group has to hold in their laughter.

"Garcia, a girl is missing. I need birth records and marriage certificates for all brunette women who are in their mid thirties." She is silent for a moment, the faint sound of tapping keys coming from her side of the call, "there have been 357 brunette women in their mid thirties who have had a child, gotten married or died, not including our recent victims in the last year. How do I narrow this down?" Garcia still sounded half asleep "now cross reference that list with women who have restraining orders against ex partners." Morgan chimes in. "That brings the list down to 29" Hotch pauses to think before saying; "cross reference the names of the people those women got a restraining order on licensed butchers." Garcia types at the speed of light "two" The team sits at the edge of their seats "any of them from family owned businesses?" JJ asks, hopeful, "yes! Martin James, his brunette ex fiancé Katherine Hale took out a restraining order against him when she was 26 years old, she died in a car accident 9 weeks ago, work and home addresses sent to your phones." They all feel their phones buzz, "ok I'll call SWAT, everyone, dressed, now!" The team sprints up the stairs to their rooms.

Aurora grabs the first t-shirt and pants she finds in her go bag, running to the bathroom to change, she is done in 5 minutes, walking out to see Spencer doing up his last button, "we good to go?" He asks? She looks at him for a moment, "one last thing," she walks up to him and kisses him right on the lips, connecting the space between them, unable to stop herself, their lips move together and her hands comb through his hair, with the rhythm they had perfected, her knees start to feel like they're gonna fall out from under her, she almost feels dizzy, He pulls away, swooping his arm under her, too keep her from falling over, laughing softly. A knock on their door interrupts their moment, she jumps up and pecks his lips before running out the door to join the others.