TWENTY-SIX.

TWENTY-SIX; HOME SWEET HOME

The extremely hungover BAU team sit around sleepily on the jet, trading coffee and Advil, Aurora had made them stop at a Coles earlier to pick up a pack of her favorite Monsters, so she sipped on her can, holding it so tight with both hands like it was her lifeline "ok now I know everyone is hungover, but we need to talk about what happens in three hours when we hit the ground." Hotch speaks up, earning the attention of the sleep deprived agents, they stand and take their seats surrounding Hotch, Garcia opens her laptop preparing. "Alright, so when we land, we're all going directly to the Station, we will deliver our profile to their officers and show them the sketch that Rory drew of our Unsub." Everyone nods at him, they flick through the case files, Spencer takes Aurora's off her, not wanting her to see the crime scene photos of her parents murder, he takes the photos out of her files and then hands it back to her, she rolls her eyes, "you don't have to protect me from those Spence, I was there remember" he tucks the images under his own file, "I know, but I don't think you should have to see those again" he takes her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze

"Ok so I'm just spit balling here, but I reckon he is probably targeting all of his victims, from what we've seen each victim is 3-4 months apart, so we should start with people who either moved to town three-four months prior to the crime, and/or left right after" Rossi pinched the bridge of his nose, his pounding head forcing his eyes shut. The team nods in unison, agreeing, Penelope taps away on her keyboard at the speed of light, "well, no-one moved in in the four months leading up to it, and so many people packed up and left after this, it was the first murder in 25 years, it scared people" Rossi sighs "well, it was worth a shot" Rory sinks into her seat, for a second she thought maybe it was a lead, "how many people are we talking Garcia" Hotch looks over at her, she types away, "ummm well sir of the two-thousand residents, eighty-two people moved away, like I said, people wanted to get out" Rory winces, knowing that her name would be on the list that undoubtable Penelope had gotten together. "I suppose you would have known everyone would you Rory, it was a small town" She nods, exasperated, "the town was so small, everyone knew everyone, I didn't have too many friends myself, but my parents were loved by everyone, more than half the town had been invited into our home at one point or another." Her voice cracks when she mentions her parents, Spencer's grip tightens on her hand protectively, she was so grateful he was there with her. "Ok, that makes sense, but when we have a pool of suspects you'll be able to help us get a better grip on them yeah?" Hotch looks over at her expectantly, she nods, hand unmoving. Hotch sinks into his seat, relieved.

--

"We're landing ok?" JJ rubbed Rory's shoulder, waking the sleeping woman, she groans, "5 more minutes" Spencer chuckles from beside her, shaking his head at his grumpy girlfriend, she sits up and begrudgingly folds up her blanket, rubbing her eyes, the hangover slapping her in the face once again.

Walking off the plane onto the landing strip, the scent of her home town fills Aurora's nostrils, she sighs, the familiar comforting her, even though it brought back so many memories. Looking ahead she sees the man she had grown up with standing there at the end of the runway, "Chief Storrow?" she called out, dropping her bag, which spencer immediately picked up, The balding man smiles at her, "Hey kiddo" Rory grins at the man she had grown up with. The team walks up behind the two, tentatively, not wanting to interrupt their reunion. "Chief Storrow, this is my team, SSA's Hotchner, Prentiss, Jareau, Morgan and Rossi, Dr Reid, and our Technical Analyst; Penelope Garcia, guys this is Chief Storrow" Each member of the BAU team gave the older man a handshake and a smile, except of course the very germaphobe Spencer Reid, who gave him a tentative wave and an awkward smile.

The team split between two cars, much to their dismay, Aurora and Spencer were shuffled off into separate cars, unfortunately for Rory, she was in the car with JJ Em and Penelope, who stared at her expectantly, Aurora jumped in the front seat, with their bags piled up in the boot of the car. Penelope sat in the passenger seat, with Em and JJ in the back, "come on Rory you can't leave us hanging, what was going on between you and boy genius this morning?" Penelope spoke up, not wanting to waste unnecessary time on chit chat. Rory rolled her eyes, "am I not allowed to kiss my Boyfriend?" Emily smirks, "well forgive me if I'm mistaken but is that a turtleneck you have on today little miss Hearst?" JJ snorts and Aurora's face turns a dark shade of rose. "shut up" Rory mutters slowing down for a speed bump "oh do tell" JJ says the smug smile evident in her voice "he just got a little carried away that's all..." the flustered woman adjusts her turtleneck around the are in question, "well come on, show us the damage!" Emily says, leaning forward to get a good look.