TWENTY.

TWENTY; GETTING TO KNOW EACHOTHER

The couple share a look as they approach the slightly ajar door, sharing a look before Spencer slowly pushes open the door, with his gun pointed out in front of him he steps into the house, the feeling of the icy cold on their skin settling, their gut telling them something wasn't right. That's when Aurora's phone buzzed, gun unwavering she reached into her pocket to read the text.

Morgan- He's not at work, his boss tells us he disappeared a half hour ago, backup is coming your way, be safe kid.

Sliding her phone back into her pocket and looking up into the frightened eyes of dr Spencer Reid, a clang echoes up the stairs drawing their attention, eyes snapping up as they begin to walk down the stairs towards the sounds. Entering the dark cold basement they nod as they approach a door, the moving light behind the frosted glass confirming his presence. they lock eye contact, Spencer nods and Aurora kicks in the door "Jerry Browns! FBI!" He yells, the man drops the crowbar he is holding but his grip tightens on the gun in his hand. His eyes dart around the room, undoubtedly searching for a way out, his eyes lock on the doorway that Aurora is standing in, her gun raised. Her ears pick up the sounds of backup coming through the house, her eyes daring the man to move. Jerry Browns decides to pick his absolute worst option, he makes a run towards Rory who smirks and hooks her leg around his ankle jamming her heeled boot into his groin, the gun solidly still in her hand, his was flung across the room as he fell to the floor with a cry.

A chuckle comes from the doorway as Derek Morgan grins smugly at the pathetic man lying on the floor, Rory's heel still threatening to crush his manhood. "You, did not think that through" he chuckles and Spencer steps swiftly over to his girlfriend ensuring that she wasn't hurt "no he did not, I'm fine Spence relax" she swats away his hand, taking it in hers, attempting to calm him, "we got him, I promised you we would" He smiles down at her as Morgan cuffs the man standing in the doorway "thankyou, so much, for everything" a blush fills her cheeks and she looks down and back up again, she gets up on her tiptoes and delivers a peck on the lips before she drags him back up the stairs to meet the rest of the team to go through his house.

"Are you guys ok?" Emily rushes over to the two, the worry etched on her face, Morgan grins over at them "the better question would be is this guy ok" the teams heads turn to see the man doubled over gingerly holding his groin the pain on his face clear as day, grunting and muttering under his breath "remind me never to mess with Rory" Morgan jokes pushing the man out the door. Emily laughs patting her shoulder, JJ shakes her head, smiling, even hotch lets a smile momentarily grace his face. "Nice one kid" Rossi walks over to her, grinning like a proud dad, "that'll teach him never to underestimate a woman" Rory grins, squeezing Spencer's hand.

--

"Ok guys, Rora and I are just gonna go see my mom to let her know we got him. We'll meet you on the jet?" Spencer calls out as the group walks out the doors towards the cluster of black SUVs "yeah all good, see you there" Hotch replies and the two get into the car. "Do you think your mum likes me?" Aurora looked up at her boyfriend who smiled "she loves you already Rora '' the grin that filled her face was one of pure joy, she knew she had done good.

They pull up at the doors of the building and walk through the front doors "Dr Reid? did you get him?" the worried voice of dr Aimbridge calls out as the elevator doors open and they step out "yes Dr, don't worry we got him, where is my mother?'' The doctor's eyes flicker down to the two agent's joined hands before saying "just through here" he gestures them to the day room where the back of Diana Reid's head comes into sight. Spencer thanks him and they walk through the room towards her, "Spencer!" she runs up to him giving him a bone crushing bearhug, "Aurora was it?" she turns to the woman standing awkwardly next to her son, she nods, "thankyou" Diana hugs the startled woman, relaxing into her motherly embrace.