EIGHT.

EIGHT; INTERROGATION

The man sat in the interrogation room chair as a team was out at his cabin searching for any physical evidence that he was the one who killed those girls. "Alright how do you wanna do this, Hearst you're our resident lie detector we need you to work your magic" Morgan looks at her and she nods, "you go in there, if he's lying I'll text you'll know because your phone will vibrate in your pocket. sound like a plan?" he nods and grabs the file boxes they had and walks into the room.

"Mr Bridger's, my name is Derek Morgan and I'm with the FBI. do you know why you're here?" as soon as Morgan entered the room he stiffened up "no I do not" he slightly averts eye contact and his foot slides up and down the leg of his chair in a strict pattern, Rory smiles, picking up on his first tell.

Lie

"you see Nathaniel I have difficulty believing that you do not know why you are here today." he keeps doing the shifty thing "well I don't!" he protests, as if the tells weren't enough of a pointer.

Lie

"Mr. Bridger's do you know who these women are?" He lays out the pictures of the identified victims on the table. Aurora's nose wrinkles in disgust as she see's the man's apparent erection growing under the table as he gazes down at his murder victims.

Lie

"You do recognise them don't you Nathanial" he shifts his eye contact and starts doing the chair thing again but his tent remains pitched and his eyes keep darting back to the images "no I don't"

Lie

"Do they remind you of anyone Nathaniel?" he shifts in his seat not knowing what to do with himself he begins to panic. "no" noting another lie Rory rolls her eyes.

Lie

"not even Ronnie?" Nathaniel freezes and looks up at Morgan directly for the first time. as there it is, they had found the right button. "what do you know about Ronnie? he is jittery, nervous "we know everything Nathaniel" he sighs, "well then you'll understand" Rory freezes. "understand what Nathaniel." she pleads in her head for her intuition to be wrong just this one time "well Ronnie wouldn't let me, she was such a little whore. I had to kill those girls, they reminded me so much of her." Rory sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose in disgust.

Morgan gets up with the file box and walks out the room, Nathaniel Bridger's sitting there with a terrifying smirk on his face. Rory stands there just looking at him for a second. Morgan taps my shoulder "Hey there, you did good I couldn't have done it without you. Welcome to the team kid" She smiles up at him. "thanks"

Confession in hand.  "We got it" Morgan announced to the team "already? He was pretty set on the denial rout all the way here" Em's voice is laced with shock "well girl genius over here picked out the right button to press, may as well have gotten a signed confession" Morgan says proudly. she blushes "nah it was all you. it was! he was the one doing all of the talking!!"

"Oh shush" he playfully shoves me. she Just rolls her eyes and laughs. "alright everyone grab your stuff, lets get home."

Aurora sits cuddled up with a blanket and book in a corner on the jet when Emily and JJ come up and sit in the seats opposite her "oh no am I in trouble?" the two burst out laughing almost disturbing a sleeping Morgan, "no Rory you're not in trouble we just want the inside info" she rolls her eyes attempting to act clueless "ummm on what?" they look at each other and then back to the reddening agent "you and boy genius' whirlwind romance of course" neglecting to remember that she had all the subtlety of a hand grenade aurora attempt to shake their accusations "oh for fucks sake again? We are not a thing!" they laugh at her language but roll their eyes "I can smell a lie like that from a mile away missy, now be honest, do you think he is cute?" 

Rory lets out a sigh of defeat, knowing she wasn't gonna be able o dodge this one "ok fine he's cute BUT-" they start silent cheering and pumping their fists "BUT I don't want anything right now and he is probably not even into me and plus I barely know him. Isn't it also not ok to date within the bureau?" the two look at each other before JJ speaks "ok first of all, he is definitely into you, it seemed like you got along pretty well on the jet the other day and third, not a single person ever follows that rule. like ever" 

Sighing and pulling the blanket over her red face as the girls giggle at her dramatics "I just wanna go home to my plants and my catttttttt" flailing around dramatically causing them to go into a fit of laughter drawing the attention of Hotch at Rossi who were playing cards at the other end of the jet. "What are you women laughing about?" Rossi asks "Rory is going on about her plants again" Emily calls out, Rossi and Hotch both chuckle as they shake their heads and turn back to their game of cards.

When we land she sleepily makes her way to the car giving herself a couple light slaps to the face to wake her up and turns on the car driving the long fifteen minutes back to her apartment. When plonking the bag down on the counter top and scooping up pixie who was napping on the couch. quickly changing into a new set of pjs and sliding into bed. It has been a long couple of days and she deserved some solid beauty sleep.  So turning out the light she falls into a slumber, one decorated not by plants, but by the melodic sound of his voice.

I slept almost soundly that night, knowing that I helped a murderer go away for good.