TWO.

TWO; NEW BEGINNINGS

'Goddamn that stupid fucking alarm' she grumbles to herself at the ungodly hour of 4:30am, then it hit her like a slap to the face, she was about to get on the plane to DC! She sprung out of bed, pausing to nurse her throbbing head, she should know by now that she can't get up too quickly, especially since she had low iron. Rory stumbles around her room making sure she packed all her books into her carry on and doing one final scan of her small apartment before she called herself an uber.

When she arrived at the airport 3 hours early she knew it would be a long ass time before she got through security, the guns she needed to transport for work would sure throw a spanner in the works, hopefully she just needed to show them her FBI credentials and they'd let her through, but she knew that was probably wishful thinking.

She walks up to the clearance desk seeing people pulling out cans of deodorant and bottles of shampoo, not being stupid enough to whip out her revolver, she pulls out her credentials and walks up to the very tired lady at the front desk.

"Hi, um I work for the FBI and I'm moving to DC for work, so I have several firearms stored in my suitcase. I was hoping you would advise me on how to proceed." Rory holds her badge up for the worker to inspect. She recognises the confused expression that the worker dons after reading the badge, with her eyes flicking up and down her figure. Rory forcibly stops her eyes from rolling back into her head, used to people doubting her and her age.

"I may be just 26 but I've been working for the FBI since I was 20 , I finally have enough experience to join BAU. "

"Um sure love just come with me. I'll have the firearms specialist analyze your creds and weapons." she still had the weird skepticism to her voice. Rory takes a deep breath, trying to control her short temper.

"Hi, Aurora Hearst?" A tall formally dressed man addresses me as soon as I walk into the room.

"Yep that's me" She smiles fakely, knowing her credentials were not going to be enough, she had expected nothing less.

"Hi I'm so sorry to have to ask this, but we need to speak with your supervisor to make sure this is all cleared by the US government." Rory takes a shaky breath, not wanting to bother her new boss before she had even had a chance to meet him, she also knew the team was out on a case, so he may not even answer. She takes a single deep breath and dials his number.

"Hotchner'' his voice answered, she sighs in relief.

"Hi this is Agent Hearst'' the scowling man infront of her gives her a hard look, as if he was trying to get her to hurry along.

"Ah yes what can I do for you Agent?"

"I'm at the airport and the staff want to speak with you in regards to the firearms I am transporting, they don't seem to believe I actually work for the FBI." It was silent for a split second.

"Yeah no problem, just pass the phone to them and I'll get this sorted out." she sighs gratefully, hoping the process would be painless from here on out.

"Thankyou sir." She passes her phone across the desk to the ill tempered man.

"Hi, this is Tony Montgomery, I'm the weapons specialist for the Melbourne Airport, it seems that Miss Hearst is attempting to board with multiple firearms in her baggage." The use of the word 'miss' in connection with her last name ignites irritation in Rory, she had worked extremely hard over the past fourteen years to be addressed with the title 'Dr' she had earned it after all.

"I am Unit Chief Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner and Agent Dr Hearst has full clearance by both the Australian and United States government to be handling and transporting any and all firearms, due to full training. She will be coming directly to DC where she will be Working for me at the FBI headquarters in Quantico Virginia. we need her there as soon as possible so please do be direct with me if there is anything else you need." She is startled with the sound of his voice coming through the loudspeakers on her phone, not having realized he had turned the call on speakerphone. But being grateful for his bluntness, and smirking slightly at the bewildered expression on his square face.