NINETEEN:

NINETEEN; MEETING THE PARENTS

Spencer Reid sits at his desk skimming the stack of paperwork, no-one was due to come in for another half hour, but he hated when there was construction near his apartment, He knew it was childish, but he hated loud noises, and he hasn't slept for the last three nights because of this. Although he knew he could call Aurora, he didn't want to seem like a baby, he already had people looking at him like a kid, he didn't need her to think so too.

Speak of the devil, in walks Aurora Hearst, her face lighting up seeing him sitting at his desk. Walking closer she frowns, the dark circles around his eyes making her worried, "hey Spence, are you ok?" she looks at him, brows furrowed, "hm? it's nothing, I'm fine." He looks up, dazed, "are you sure you look like you haven't slept?" he looks at her and sighs "its nothing, there's construction at my apartment complex, it's just kind of loud, no big deal." He confesses, face contorted as the sun shines through the window into his eyes. "Aw, it's fine. I hate loud noises too, if you need you to come stay at my place? No construction there?" He looks up at her and smiles, Of course she could make him smile, even when he gets at his worst. "I may take you up on that actually" She grins, sitting down at her desk.

They were only just finishing all the paperwork from their last few cases, knowing there would probably be another one in the near future, preparing themselves, it had been three weeks since the Slaughterman case, and the team had finally recovered. Hotch walks through the doors, in a hurry, he doesn't acknowledge the two as he usually would if he goes in early, he walks directly to his desk case file in hand. "Well, you know what that means'' Spence looks up at her, closing his final report, "yup, looks like we got a case" She also closes her case file. The doors swing open and in walk Morgan Emily and JJ, followed by a very flustered Garcia. The two share a moment of eye contact before standing up and following the others to the round table room.

"Good morning everyone, don't get too settled. We are leaving asap, Someone is murdering mental health patients out on day leave in Las Vegas Nevada" The color drains out of Spencer's face, he drops the case file in his hands "wait-like Vegas?" he stutters, eyes wide with worry, "yes Reid, I'm sorry, but I checked, your mother is safe, she has requested you go and visit her as soon as you land, we need to take statement from a few staff and patients at these facilities, I thought maybe you and Hearst could do that." The team's faces were filled with worry, as Aurora took Spencer's hand in hers, rubbing circles on his thumb, in an attempt to calm him. It worked somewhat, he sank down into his chair, but his eyes were frantically jumping around the room.

--

The team sits in silence on the jet, Aurora's hand not leaving Spencer's, she knew he needed it. He stared at a single page of his book, distracted. she puts her pointer finger on his chin, lifting his face to level hers, "she's gonna be ok Spence, I promise you" she whispers, a small tear forms in his eye and he furiously blinks it away, turning from her, not wanting her to see, but she wasn't gonna let that happen, she turns his face back to her, wiping the tear off his face, she pecks him on the lips, knowing someone would see, but he needed her right now. He pulls her into a hug, crying softly into her shoulder "I'm so scared Rora" she rubs his back, glad he was letting go, letting her help, "she's gonna be ok Spence, we have round the clock security for her, nothing is going to happen to her, we will make sure of that. ok?" he looks at her, kisses her softly and whispers "thankyou" she smiles and nods, He was going to be ok, once he saw her.

Across the jet sits the rest of the team watching the the two talk, "I want to tell them off but I just can't" Hotch says, as the two share a kiss "neither, he needs her right now, damn regulations" Morgan chips in, the rest of the team nods, in their hearts they were glad he had finally found someone who understood him.