Chapter 18

"W...what happened...WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR FRIENDS?!" Freddy shouted. Everyone was freaking out very quickly. Mangle gasped and crawled over to broken Chica, crying. "CHICA NO! P-please...WAKE UP!!!"
Ballora quickly covered J.J's eyes as they both cried. Plushtrap made Bonnet look away. Foxy went over to Lolbit and fell on his knees. He was shaking, tears filling his one eye.
"W-w-why...what..." He turned to the others, "WHO DID THIS?!"
"I DON'T KNOW! I JUST FOUND THEM LIKE THIS!" Freddy shouted in a panic.
"No...th-this isn't happening..." Yendo shook his head repeatedly, covering his face with his hands.
Freddy looked at everyone with anger and fear, "Someone BETTER speak up now. I KNOW one of you did it! TALK!"
Golden Freddy shook his head at him. "No, there's no way any of us would do this..."
"THEN HOW ELSE DID THEY END UP LIKE THIS?!" Freddy yelled at him.
Puppet approached closer to him, "Freddy, calm down-"
Freddy snapped at him, "NO! DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS NOTHING TO BE CALM ABOUT!"
"Th-there has to be a way to bring them back!" Mangle cried, her face full of tears.
"THERE ISN'T, BECAUSE THEY'RE GONE! THEY'RE BEYOND REPAIRING!" Freddy shouted at her too.
"W-wait...Where's Bonnie? A-and Toy Chica?" asked Golden Freddy.
Mangle sniffed, "I-I didn't see Toy Chica when I l-left the Parts and Service room...Where are they?!"
Freddy frowned at both of them, "They're GONE? Are you SERIOUS?"
"They were taken..." Springtrap answered, with no emotion in his voice.
Freddy turned to him, "What? Taken? HOW do you know that?"
Springtrap looked at him with a cold glare, "Because our other friends were taken too."
Freddy growled, getting more frustrated. "You're not making any SENSE, SPRINGTRAP!"
Springtrap pointed to the demolished robots, "These things right here, they're NOT our real friends! They're CLONES! They were made to take the place of our friends so no one would know what really happened to them!"
Freddy walked closer to him, "What are you talking about? EXPLAIN!"
"I WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED!" Springtrap shouted at him. "I WAS THERE WHEN TOY BONNIE WAS TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE ANIMATRONIC AND WAS REPLACED BY THIS THING! BABY AND I WERE FORCED TO TAKE HIM BACK HERE AND WE COULDN'T TELL A SINGLE PERSON BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU IN DANGER!"
"WHY ARE YOU SAYING THIS?" Freddy raised his voice at him, "ARE YOU DELUSIONAL? WHO WOULD EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? WHEN HAS THIS BEEN HAPPENING? WHY TELL US THIS NOW?!"
"BECAUSE THE SAME THING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO ALL OF US!" Springtrap replied with a shrill voice.

The whole place was silent. Everyone looked at him with shock. Springtrap tried to keep his cool, but his heart rate wouldn't slow down at all. He could've explained this to everyone last night, but he and Baby both were shut off unexpectedly. And they still don't know who could've done it. He looked back up at Freddy as Freddy started to ask another question.
"Did you do it..."
Springtrap frowned, "What?"
Freddy looked at him coldly, "Did you do this to them? Did you do this to our friends?"
Springtrap shook his head, "No! I would never hurt anyone here, you KNOW that!"
"Actually I DON'T know that," Freddy told him. "For all we know, SOMEONE here could be betraying us! And you and Baby HAVE been pretty suspicious lately!"
"I TOLD YOU WHY!" Springtrap yelled, "WE COULDN'T TELL YOU GUYS ANYTHING BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT YOU GETTING HURT! BUT THAT DOEN'T MATTER NOW BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY!"
Freddy was about to ask him another question, but then he noticed the bandages on Springtrap and Baby.
He frowned, "What happened to you? Why do you both have bandages?"
"I was wondering the same thing," said Golden Freddy. Springtrap looked at his bandaged shoulder, unsure of how to answer that. Baby just stayed silent. Freddy approached the two of them. "Well? ANSWER me! Did you guys hurt each other or something-"
"Freddy-" Puppet started, but Freddy cut him off. "STAY out of this!"
Springtrap backed away as Freddy walked closer to him. "You two have been really quiet the past few days, you've never even explained what's been going on! I KNEW you guys were up to something! You've been running off somewhere else, while we had to stay here and handle things on our own! You come back with bruises and marks on you, and you don't tell us the REAL reason why! You said that we'd all get hurt if you told us anything, but what the heck does that mean?! MAKE SENSE-"
"IT'S ENNARD!" Baby blurted out. "HE WANTS TO TURN ALL OF US INTO NIGHTMARES SO HE CAN MAKE US GET RID OF ALL THE HUMANS WITH HIM!"

Everyone turned to Baby, even more shocked. Freddy looked at her, "What?"
She glared at him, "He's been THREATENING us and making us hurt you guys so we would feel weak and start avoiding you!"
Yendo's eyes widened, "It can't be..."
Ballora knew what he was thinking. "Oh no..."
"What? What do you mean, 'on no'? Who's Ennard?!" asked Freddy.
Puppet sighed deeply. "I tried to tell you, Freddy, but you wouldn't LISTEN!"
Springtrap frowned at him, "Wait, you know about Ennard?"
Puppet nodded, "Yeah! Ballora told me about him the second day she and her friends were here! I contacted Chris and Elizabeth, and I helped them try to set Micheal free! But it hasn't been working because we need your guys' help! There's a way to fix all of this, but it takes EVERY single one of us to do it!"
Everyone stayed quiet. Springtrap and Baby were very surprised, they had no idea what to say to that.
Plushtrap spoke up, "Uh, you haven't happened to see three other nightmares, have you, Puppet?"
Puppet turned to him. "Yeah, actually. They've been taking our friends and making them into nightmares like them, like Springtrap had said. I couldn't tell anyone this because there was way too much going on, and now that the time is here, I wanna tell you guys everything as quick as I can before...it happens."
"Wait a minute," said Freddy. "If this is all really true, then WHY would you just let them TAKE our friends?!"
Puppet replied, "This started happening the night before Ballora told me about Ennard. Once I found out, I let our friends get taken because we need them part of our plan to take down the remaining three nightmares."
"And what's your plan?" asked Golden Freddy.
Before Puppet could answer, he noticed that Springtrap was shaking. He fell on his knees, gripping his shoulder tightly.
Puppet frowned, "Springtrap?"
Baby shook her head, "Oh no- HE'S TURNING!"
Goldie looked at Puppet. "Wait, he got bit? What do we do?!"
"We'll have to let him and Baby both turn. Right now, we can't do anything about this!" Puppet told him.
"What?! What do you mean?! Is there a way to stop this?!" Goldie shouted, panicking.
Puppet backed everyone away. "YES! Now stand back!"
Mangle tried to go to Springtrap. "WAIT! NO! I CAN'T LOSE HIM TOO!"
Golden Freddy and Puppet held her back as she started crying again. All they could do was watch as Springtrap and Baby both laid on the ground, shaking and breathing rapidly. They growled in pain and ripped their bandages off, revealing the black bite marks. Everyone gasped as the lights started to flicker violently. Mangle looked at Springtrap and noticed his eyes were flickering red. Baby's eyes started to do the same. Some people from the group started screaming as they noticed several more glowing red eyes surrounding them in the dark. A figure stood beside Springtrap and Baby, it's eye glowing bright purple...

     Springtrap felt a soft breeze around him, but it didn't feel suffocating. It felt familiar, calm and peaceful. He opened his eyes as he felt a hand touch his. It was Mangle, smiling at him sweetly as she leaned against him, holding his hand. Springtrap noticed that they were sitting on top of the roof, looking up at the stars. He also noticed that he had bandages on his body, and the eyepatch he had to wear when Foxy took out his eye. He remembered now. This was their first date. This was the event that happened after he got rid of William. He was confused, why was he back here again? His eyes suddenly went wide.
"Was that all just a dream?" He hoped not, but he also kind of did.
If he never found that plushie, nobody would've been put in that situation they were just in. He wouldn't have put anyone in danger. He wouldn't have failed everyone.
"Hey Springy," Mangle started to say. Springtrap looked over at her again, almost forgetting that she was still there. "Y...yeah?"
"No matter what happens," Mangle said to him, "No matter how bad things might turn out in the future, I want you to know..."
Springtrap was afraid of what she was going to say next. He wished he didn't do what he did to her, he wished he could take it all back and put himself through it instead. He was drowning in his thoughts again. He couldn't concentrate on her, or anything around him. All he could see was Ennard, and everything he's done to everybody. All he could see were tears. His eyes shot open again as he suddenly felt Mangle's hand turn his face to hers again. Even through tears he could see her glowing smile. He wanted to look at it forever. He tried his best to pay attention to what she was going to say next. He looked surprised, once he'd heard it.

"I want you to know, that I'll still love you."

     Springtrap gasped and snapped his eyes back open. He looked around him, panting. He was sitting on a cold hard floor, everything around him was dark, but he could feel several presences around him. He could see their glowing eyes and their big, shadowy bodies. Springtrap felt around his mouth and noticed that some of his teeth felt sharp and jagged. He gasped again as he felt his sharp fingers.
"You're finally awake, huh?" said a familiar voice.
Springtrap looked up at who stood over him. He couldn't see him, but he knew it was Ennard, his eye was glowing purple.
He spoke again, "So how does it feel, Springtrap? Does it hurt? Does it tickle?"
Springtrap couldn't reply, he couldn't speak at all. His breath was shaky. His head hurt a lot, and so did his body. It felt like a bunch of knives were stabbed into him.
Ennard chuckled, "Just kidding, I know you're in a lot of pain. But it'll all be over soon, just give your body some time."
Springtrap wanted to get up, but he felt too weak, like his body just completely gave up on him. He wondered where his friends were at, was he the only one here?
Ennard smiled, "If you're wanting to know where your friends are, they're okay. They're just fine, in fact they're a lot better now. Thanks to you."
Springtrap frowned.
Ennard crouched down to make eye level with him. "You helped us create something, tonight. We wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your help. Now, with all of us together, we'll be able to reshape the world. Make it how we've pictured it all these years. You were very generous, Springtrap."
He leaned closer to him and whispered, "And I couldn't have asked for a better friend."
That was the last thing Springtrap heard, before he started hearing a loud ringing in his ears, and his vision going blurry. He suddenly felt his mind being corrupted...and his body changing...