Chapter 13 - A Melody So Perfect

When I wake up to your footsteps
As you get up out of bed
They make a song that sounds so simple
But it dances in my head
A melody so perfect
That it gets me through the day
And the thought of us forever
Is one that won't ever go away

All I need to know is
Where to start
Take my hand and show me forever
So never will I ever let you go

"What time is it?" she asked sleepily.

"About seven I think."

"Are you hungry?"

"I'm always hungry."

Her stomach growled as if it didn't want to be left out of the conversation. Shawn laughed.

"I don't need to ask if you're hungry. Will we go downstairs to eat?"

"What have you got?"

"Healthy vegan shit."

"Then no."

He laughed.

"Delivery?"

"Where's your phone?"

They ordered food and when it came, Shawn ran down and answered the door and collected dishes from the kitchen and brought everything up on a tray. They ate their fajitas in bed, making a mess of the tray and themselves although they successfully kept the bed clean, but they were covered in food at the end and went and washed up and then decided to have a bath, together. He sat with his back against the bath and she sat between his legs, watching their hands as their fingers played together.

"How is your album going?"

"All done, just all the technical and marketing stuff now."

"You did a music video you said?"

"Yep, not as good as your one for Havana, I love that video."

"Thanks."

"So are you and your band ready for the tour?"

"Yeah, we've worked on our set list plus some extras just in case, and we've got the timing right. How about yours?"

"Ugh, the timing, we kept going over, but I worked out a way around it, we've combined two songs into like a medley and I actually love it, it's now my favourite part of the set."

"What place are you looking forward to the most?" he asked, using the cloth to softly wash her shoulders and back.

"Portugal has amazing crowds, and of course Latin America, what about you?"

"Canada, I can't wait to play Toronto, and London. I've played there before, but not like this. I didn't support Taylor in the UK, she had a local artist instead."

"I love playing London. I love the UK. I absolutely love their fabulous accents." She said it in a really bad British accent.

"Please don't do that, my Mum would murder you if she heard you talk like that!" he laughed.

She sighed and angled her head so that he could kiss her sweetly on the lips.

"The water's getting cold."

"Let's get out then," he suggested. She stood up and looked down at him, he was looking at her as if she was a goddess arising from the sea. She stepped out of the bath and offered him her hand and he got out as well. They dried each other, and then he picked her up and carried her back to bed, climbing in beside her.