Chapter 19 - Living Only For This Moment

Cause I've been living only for this moment
And I don't want to let it slip away
I've been living only for this moment

They did their sound check and run through in the day and that night the opening show of the European leg at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow went off without a hitch. Once again, they found it virtually impossible to do anything but go to their own rooms but a couple of hours later, there was a knock on her door and she was relieved to see him there, as he jumped in quickly and closed the door. They giggled as they embraced and kissed and within minutes they were in bed, working off that post-show adrenaline once again, in the best way they knew how. Early the next morning, he put on the gym gear he'd brought with him and headed down for a quick workout as planned. His security guard was waiting for him, outside Camila's door, and with a start he realised here was another one who knew the secret. After his workout and a quick shower he met everyone at the new tour bus to head to Birmingham. Life on the bus was fun as well as stressful with Camila on board, but he played monopoly with her and she was so bad, and they were so competitive that the rest of the crew banned them from playing from then on. He loved being on tour, there was something special about it, exciting, and yeah, towards the end they'd all be totally over it, but when they played that last venue, there'd be tears everywhere and for years they'd talk about these days.

Nobody had said anything to he and Camila, not even his security guard, but he felt a vibe and wondered exactly who knew, how many of them suspected? He had his airpods in and was listening to some new music while scrolling through Instagram when Zubin came and sat opposite.

"Hey man," he said.

"Hey," Shawn replied.

"So how was your break?" Zubin had of course played the festivals with him, and the TV appearances, and he knew he was going to the beach for a week's rest.

"Good, yeah. And you? How's the family?"

They talked like that for a while, they'd asked passing questions but hadn't had an in-depth chat since they'd caught up again in Glasgow.

"So I hear Camila also had a beach holiday."

"Yep, so she said," Shawn smiled. Everyone knew their families had travelled together, there was no point claiming he didn't know after a few days on the road in the same vehicle.

"Coincidence," Zubin raised a brow.

"It's almost summer, everybody likes to go to the beach I suppose."

"Mmmm," Zubin pulled out his phone. "One of the girls was showing us Camila's beach photos and I noticed something that reminded me of a photo you sent me while you were away."

He held out the phone and there was a photo of Camila standing on the deck with the beach behind her, then he swiped to show a selfie Shawn had taken from the same spot, and behind them both was the very distinctive Balinese Goddess water feature from the beach house. For a moment Shawn considered going with the coincidence thing, but the deck railing and even the view was the same and he knew he wasn't going to get away with it. Add another one to the list.

"How many people know?" he asked quietly.

Zubin shrugged. "Just me, and I didn't say anything. You only sent that photo to me, the others got pics on the beach, you could really have been anywhere."

"Thanks man."

"Why the big secrecy though? I mean, what's going on with you two? Must be pretty serious if you spent the week at the beach together, or were your families there for that one too?"