Chapter 26 - One More Kiss

Turns out that no one can replace me
I'm permanent, you can't erase me
I'll have you remember me
One more kiss is all it takes

"Do you have any tequila?" she asked in a husky voice. He walked to the bar and pulled out two glasses and a bottle of El Tosoro, pouring them both a good sized shot. He passed her the glass and she knocked it back like it was water. He followed suit, apparently this was how the night was going to start, and he was here for it. She licked the traces of tequila from her lips and looked him in the eye. He stood where he was in front of the bar. He knew a performance when he saw one, especially when Camila was the star, and he felt a frisson of excitement at where the show would take him. He realised with a small smile that this was a lot like the telenovelas they used to make fun of. But maybe that was the point.

"I wasn't sure if you would show," he said dramatically, looking at his glass, then putting it back on the bar. "I wasn't sure you would be able to get away. But I'm glad you did Karla."

He saw her eyes widen with surprise. Well, she may not have intended it to go down that road, but he saw the twinkle in her eyes and her lips twitch with amusement. She was into it. She walked toward him, placing her glass carefully on the bar beside his.

"I'm glad you took my instructions seriously. I was hoping you would be alone Raul."

He reached for her and she stepped back, holding up a finger. "No mi amor, first we must talk. A lot has happened between us, and now we stand on the brink of a new beginning, I must know what you expect from me, what you want to happen."

He poured them both another tequila and passed one to her. She sipped it this time, then put it down and he did the same, staring at the glass on the bar before giving a deep, loud sigh.

"Karla, I understand what you went through, and you must know I will always be there for you, to help you in any way I can, to be there for you, always. I want what we wanted before, to be together, and I don't care who knows, or what anyone thinks, not the media, the public, the fans. I don't care. I just want you. Us."

She stepped forward and stroked his cheek. "Raul, Raul, I want the same, but I am so temeroso." She stepped back, walking toward the centre of the room again, turning before she continued. "But if you are there with me, I think I can do anything. But Raul, querido...."

"Si?" he asked, his heart thumping.

"First, we have some business to take care of." She untied her coat and let it fall to the floor, revealing the black lace lingerie she wore beneath, her stockings held up by suspenders attached to a waist-cinching corset, her heels sky high. He felt his heart stop.

"Oh Dios mio," he almost groaned.

She strolled toward him, stroking a finger down his arm, then meeting his eyes with a melting hot glance. "I've brought you a gift," she whispered.

"You have? What is it?" he swallowed, hard.

"Me," she said, so softly he could barely hear her, taking his hand and placing it on her breast, almost completely revealed in the half-cup bra.

He pulled her to him moving both his hands to her waist and she slid her hands around his neck, grasping his hair hard and pulling his head down to hers, kissing him with hot, open-mouthed passion. He slid his hands over her bottom, bare in the tiny thong bikini she wore. He let her take control, kissing her back with matching fervour. She pulled back, unbuttoning his shirt, one button at a time, kissing his chest as she pulled it open. When she got to the last button, she slid it down his arms and let it flutter to the floor. She spread her hands over his shoulders, sliding down then up his arms, over his chest, gently flicking his nipples, then scraping her nails across the ridges of his abdomen down to where his jeans sat low on his hips. She slowly outlined the bulge that awaited her behind the denim and he grasped her hand, holding it high, then with his other hand he grabbed her other hand, raising it above her head, holding both wrists in one of his big hands. He used the other to stroke down her arm, across the top of her breasts, using his thumb to flick her nipples to rock hardness, then down, slipping inside the tiny triangle of lace.