Chapter 16 - Everything Feels Right

Every time I see you baby I get lost
If I'm dreaming, baby, please don't wake me up
Every night I'm with you I fall more in love
Now I'm laying by your side
Everything feels right since you came along

Camila was nervous. Her mother had gone out to dinner with Eva, but she was pretty sure it was a ploy to leave Camila to have time with Shawn. The last time she had been at his house he had given her a key, so she had let herself inside, just before the time he said he should be home. She was wearing wide legged white pants and a black wrap around top. She wanted to look as nice as she could. She was so nervous and hoped he would take one look at her and realise how lucky he was to have her. Her hands were damp and her heart was thumping. After their text conversation, she was pretty sure he would welcome her visit, but there was a part of her that was afraid he had decided to end it.

The slam of a car door signalled the arrival of the taxi and a few moments later he was opening the door. She stood, wringing her hands, and she was the first thing he saw. He stopped, staring at her.

"You gave me the key, remember?"

"I do."

He was still staring and she wasn't sure what it meant, then he dropped his bags and strode to her, taking her in his arms and touching his forehead to hers.

"I know it's only a few days, but I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

"I just needed to sort a few things out."

"And did you?"

"I think so."

"Was it something those guys said to you at the music video shoot?"

"What guys?"

"The ones Roger saw you talking to."

"They were just being assholes and I caught them at it, but it made me think about some things."

"Like what?" She knew something must have happened.

"Like, we're so young, especially me, I'm only nineteen."

"So?"

"Well, you're twenty-one, and you have this amazing career already, are we getting too serious? Are we too young? Will your fans accept you dating a younger guy, like a teenager?"

"Well you won't be by the time tour ends, and we're not telling anyone anything until then anyway are we?"

"So me being a teenager does concern you?"

She laughed. "I never think of the numbers of our ages, just you and me and who we are. You're so beautiful and kind and funny and sexy, and you're good to me, that's all I care about."

"Do you think because I'm a teenaged guy that I...."

He looked so embarrassed. "You what?"

"I put too much importance on the sex."

She burst into laughter. "Sex is important, and no I think guys of all ages think about sex all the time anyway!"

"Ok, so I'm not too sex-crazed?"

She laughed again. "Just sex-crazed enough for me, but not quite sex-crazed enough right this minute. I only have a few hours, and much as I think this is an important conversation, I think it could take place with no clothes on."

He smiled and kissed her, just a small, soft kiss but she grabbed the back of his head, gripping the hair at his nape and pushing him closer to her, kissing him hard.