Chapter 28 - Everything is Possible

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
There's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

It had been well over a year since they had officially started dating on July 4th. They had no idea what they were in for then. Senorita had won a heap of awards and broken streaming records and records for the video all over the world. Camila had made her movie, and in the meantime they had both had separate, successful, tours.

They had managed to avoid as much publicity as they could, they had just lived their lives as truthfully as possible. They had only started walking the red carpet together recently, and had yet to do any sort of joint press, no interviews, no photo shoots.

Until now.

They had given an interview to Vogue magazine, along with an incredible photo shoot. It was the most fun she had ever had. She had done photo shoots with some gorgeous men in the past, and she had done some really sexy shoots too, but this was something quite different. They put themselves in the hands of the photographer, letting him call the shots. If they didn't like it they were prepared to put their feet down, but they had actually loved them.

Like any vogue shoot, there were a number of sets and stylings used. The first set was a rumpled hotel bed. For the first shot, they stood in front of the bed, she in a stunning pink evening gown with a thigh high slit, heels and long black gloves, he in an Armani suit, and she was unbuttoning his suit and he was untying her hair. For the second shot in that series, he sat on the edge of the bed in only jeans and she lay in his arms in beautiful pale pink baby doll pyjamas and then in the final photograph, they appeared to be naked beneath the sheet, in an embrace, where her hands were buried in his hair and her eyes closed while he kissed her throat. There was a second set where he wore shirt and pants and was sitting, playing his guitar, and she sat at his feet in a beautiful floral dress, and where he stood with the guitar on his back, the shirt open and she was running away and he was reaching for her and they were laughing. It actually was not part of the set shots, they were being silly and the photographer shot it and went with it. The interview was long and covered many topics including their charitable and philanthropic endeavours, their individual careers and then their relationship. They openly discussed the fact that they had a brief fling as teens, that they had secretly dated for eight months before her breakdown, and had been together again since July. They were open and honest and the journalist mentioned how they finished each other's sentences, teased each other all the time, and were always touching, even if they didn't appear to realise it. She actually said that anyone who thought their relationship was fake, or PR, only had to spend a little time with them to know it was quite the opposite. This was a couple totally committed to each other, and very much in love.

The magazine sold out and the fans loved the interview and went crazy for the photos, especially the in bed shot, which became iconic.

They did a couple of TV interviews over the months, the most famous one being with Jimmy Fallon, who got them to play a hilarious couple vs couple game against Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid. The exposure brought them a lot of support, people saw them together and could see they were a couple, and as they neared their two year anniversary the PR brigade began to back off, and even the paparazzi lost a bit of interest.

***

Shawn sat by the pool at their Hollywood Hills home, once just Camila's but now a place they shared. He looked at the pool, remembering the time he had come over late at night and they had gone skinny dipping and a lot more. She was in the kitchen right now, on FaceTime with her Mom who was stepping her through a traditional recipe she wanted to cook for dinner. He foresaw another night of takeout. He played the melody again on his guitar and then pencilled in some notes into his notebook. It had been a hectic year, with both of them touring. He had finished a massive tour before Christmas and then this year Camila had her very successful tour, while he had picked up a few festival dates. They had caught up all the way along on both tours, but in the meantime they had kept busy. Camila's movie had kept her pretty busy, and Shawn was involved in a few things. Summer had come to a close and they were enjoying the warm California weather before the cooler days arrived. He was happy how the song was going, it was a country-pop song that he was writing with Hunter Hayes, which was a dream come true since he had always been one of Shawn's musical heroes. It was going to appear on Hunter's new album, and he was working on his contribution.