Horror- Lava

The ninja, excluding Kai and Cole, are out on a mission. On their last mission, Kai had sprained his arm and Cole had nearly broken his leg.

Kai had decided to have a movie night with Cole. However, he hadn't told Cole the real reason. Kai, loves Cole, a lot. His hair, his eyes, body, everything about Cole is perfect. He knows that Cole is bisexual so there was a chance that Cole didn't like him back. Little does Kai know, that Cole is planning to do the exact same thing. Kai's startled out of his daydream by a thump and a groan of pain.

"Cole? You okay buddy?"

"I'm...I fell on my leg."

Kai jumps up and runs out into the corridor. Cole is laying on the floor, clutching his left leg. Kai runs over and crouches down.

"What-how did this happen?" Kai helps Cole sit up.

"I-I tripped on the..." Cole points to a loose floorboard, blushing.

"The movie's ready now," Kai stands up and pulls Cole to his feet.

Cole stumbles slightly. Kai grabs his arm and wraps it around his shoulders. The pair blush. Kai slowly leads Cole to the games room.

Kai helps Cole to sit on the sofa. He sits down himself while grabbing the remote.

"What are we watching?" Cole asks, praying it's not a horror movie.

"IT," Kai replies, clicking the movie.

Cole's eyes widen and he looks away from Kai.

"Cole, do you wanna watch the movie? We can watch something else-"

"Yeah."

Kai presses play.

𝟭𝟬 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿
Cole grips the cushion tightly, pushing his face into it. Kai is happily munching on popcorn, enjoying the movie. Cole starts shaking as the creepy music starts playing. Kai glances over at Cole. He's extremely pale, shaking and has his head buried in a cushion. Kai quickly pauses the movie.

"Cole, you okay?"

"Y-yeah," Cole lies.

"You're shaking," Kai says.

"I-I don't like the movie," Cole murmurs.

"Do you not like horror movies?" Kai asks gently.

Cole shakes his head. Kai places a hand on his arm.

"You should have told me, we could have watched something else."

"I'm sorry," Cole murmurs.

"It's okay."

I should tell him now.

"Can I tell you something?" They ask together.

"You go first," Kai says.

"I-I...I...love you," Cole whispers.

"Can you repeat that?" Kai asks gently.

"I-I...love you," Cole whispers, tears forming in his eyes.

"You're gonna have to speak up buddy, I can't hear you."

"I love you!" Cole yells, a couple of tears rolling down his cheeks.

Did he...he loves me?

"It-it's okay if you don't feel the same way," Cole murmurs quietly, standing up to leave.

What are you doing Kai?! The love of your life thinks you're rejecting him!

Kai jumps up, grabs Cole's waist and kisses him. Cole gasps and slowly kisses back.

"I love you too," Kai says as they pull away.

Kai wipes Cole's tears.

"You'll float too," the TV speakers interrupt.

Cole screams and jumps into Kai's arms as someone gets killed. Kai catches him and carries him back to the sofa. He sits down, places Cole on his lap and turns the TV off. Kai rocks Cole as he starts shaking.

"It's okay, it's gone now."

Cole rests his head against Kai's chest as he starts to calm down.

"That's it, it's okay."

"N-next time, can we not watch a horror movie?"

"Of course. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course."

Kai leans down and kisses Cole again.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. I really need to cut down on the lava oneshots. This was my first love confession oneshot. Hope you're all staying safe and well.