Smile- Lava

I got the prompt from Eliza_Cameron's shipping cult book. Go and check her out!

Kai and Cole are on the Bounty, alone. The others went on a mission a couple of hours ago. It was no secret that Kai and Cole liked each other, the entire team knew. Kai thinks that Cole may like him back. If Cole blushing and stuttering around him was any indication.

If someone asked Kai what he loved about Cole, he would provide them with a list that lasts nearly two hours. His eyes, his hair, his body, his nose, his lips, his stutter that he has when he's embarrassed, literally everything.

Today, on this very day, Kai is determined to make Cole his. The only question is how.

Cole has been really distant lately and no one knows why. Cole doesn't open up to people so it's harder to get him to talk about what's wrong. Kai is stood outside Cole's bedroom door, when he hears Cole's quiet cries.

"Cole? Are you okay?" Kai asks.

"Y-yeah I'm okay," Cole replies, clearly lying.

"Cole...please tell me what's bothering you."

The door creaks as it gets opened, Cole is stood on the other side of the door, tears running down his face.

"Cole what's wrong?" Kai asks, pulling Cole into a hug.

"N-nothing, I-I'm f-fine," Cole murmurs into Kai's shoulder, blushing.

"Cole...there's something bothering you. Please tell me, I want to help."

"You know how I'm bi?"

"Yeah," Kai rubs Cole's back.

"Well, I told my dad..."

"What did he say?" Kai asks gently.

"He...he...doesn't a-accept me!" Cole cries harder.

"Shh."

"He-he said that we aren't normal and are attention seeking. He doesn't love me anymore Kai!"

"I'm sure he does Cole. He just doesn't understand. Shh, it's okay."

Kai leads Cole into the room and sits him down on the bed.

"It's okay Cole, it's gonna be okay."

Cole leans against him and rests his head on his shoulder. Kai rubs his back.

"Cole, can I ask you something?"

"S-sure," please ask me out. I love you.

"Can you smile for me?"

"Erm...s-sure. Like this?" Cole smiles angelically.

"Y-yeah like that," Kai's voice cracks.

"Are you okay? Why are you blushing?"

"Can I tell you something else?"

Cole nods. Please say I love you. Please say I love you.

"I couldn't find any happiness until I saw you, and now I'm the happiest guy in the world. I love you."

"I-I...I love you too," Cole whispers.

Kai grabs Cole's waist and kisses him on the lips. Cole gasps and kisses back. Cole wraps his arms around Kai's neck.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Hope you're all staying safe and well.