Do I have to stay here?- Lava

Warning: mentions of self harm and suicide

It's a rainy day so Sensei Wu has the ninja clearing out the attic. In the attic, are some of the previous elemental masters belongings. Zane, Lloyd and Pixal are in the very back. Jay and Nya are in the middle. Cole and Kai are near the ladder.

Cole pushes a box to the side and his eyes widen as he says the name written on the small box.

Lilly Brookstone

Cole's hands shake as he grabs the box. He sits down and pulls the box on his lap. Cole shakily lifts the box flaps up to reveal a box full of Lilly's belongings. Cole reaches into the box and pulls out a brown photo album. He flips through the pages. The first eight pages are filled with pictures of Lilly as a teenager, pictures of Lilly and Lou and pictures of Lilly when she was pregnant with Cole. As Cole flips onto the ninth page, there's a picture of Lilly laying in a hospital bed, holding a sleeping baby boy. Underneath, it has a note.

Nicolas Brookstone- 5.90lbs

A couple of tears roll down Cole's cheeks as he turns the page again. The first picture is a picture of Lilly smiling and holding an eighteen month old Cole with Lou stood next to her with an arm wrapped around her waist.

Cole closes the photo album

Cole closes the photo album. As he looks back into the box. His eyes widen when he sees what it is. He pulls out a panda plushie.

Cole rubs the panda's ears as more tears roll down his cheeks

Kai places a box on the top of a pile which is to go downstairs. He stretches and turns towards his boyfriend.

"Hey Cole, can-" his eyes widen as he sees Cole holding a panda plushie with shaking shoulders. "Hey, what's wrong?" Kai kneels down and places a hand on Cole's shoulder.

Cole doesn't reply and squeezes the panda tightly. More tears roll down his cheeks and his shoulders shake harder. Kai rubs his shoulder and kisses his forehead.

"Should we go downstairs?"

Cole nods and shakily stands up, and grabs the box. Kai grabs the photo album and leads Cole to the ladder.

"We'll be back in a minute!" Kai calls to his sister. Nya yells something back.

Kai climbs down the ladder and grabs the box so Cole can climb down. As soon as Cole gets off the ladder, Kai hugs him tightly. Cole hugs back and pushes his head into Kai's chest, crying loudly. Kai rubs Cole's back.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Kai asks.

"I-I miss my mum."

"Shh, I know. I know."

Kai leans against the wall and slowly slides to the floor. He pulls Cole onto his lap. Cole clings to Kai's shirt with shaking fingers. Kai rocks Cole as his cries get louder.

"Do you want to go somewhere more private?" Kai asks, as he spots Nya looking down at them, concerned.

Cole nods and shakily sits on the floor. Kai stands up and offers his hand to Cole. Cole takes it and gets pulled to his feet. Kai picks Cole up and carries him to their room.

Kai places Cole on the bed before shutting and locking the door. He runs back to Cole's side, sits down and places Cole on his lap.

"Shh, baby, you need to breathe."

"I-I miss her! I miss her so much!"

"Shh, I know baby. I know."

Cole pushes his head into Kai's chest and sobs loudly. Kai rubs circles on his back. Cole's shoulders start to tense up.

"Cole, relax your shoulders, it's gonna be okay," Kai murmurs, rubbing Cole's shoulders.

Cole gasps for air as his cries become hysterical. Kai grabs Cole's hands.

"Squeeze my hands baby."

Cole does so, although it's a very weak grip. Kai heats his hands up and starts to rub circles on Cole's palms. Cole raises their hands to his face and rubs at his eyes.

"Can you feel that? If you can that's good. Tell me what it feels like."

"It-it's warm."

Kai bites his lip to stop him from chuckling. He presses his fingers down a little bit harder.

"It-it...is calming."

"That's good. Would you like me to carry on?"

Cole nods rapidly. Kai smiles and kisses his forehead. Cole rests his head against Kai's chest, shaking and crying.

"D-do I have to stay here?"

"Huh? NO! I'm not letting you leave!"

"B-but, I want to be with my mum!"

"I know you do Cole, I know. But she wouldn't want you to leave this world."

Cole pulls his hands away from Kai's and grips his shirt. Kai wraps his arms around Cole's waist and rocks him gently.

"Cole, I need you to be completely honest with me. Have you ever tried to...harm yourself?"

Cole cries harder at the question, indicating that yes, he has tried to harm himself.

"Show me Cole."

Cole shakily lifts up his sleeve and shows Kai. Kai's eyes fill with tears and he pulls Cole closer to him.

"Shh, it's okay baby. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."

Kai looks at the bed, where Cole was originally sat, and spots the panda plushie. Will this help? Kai reaches over and grabs the panda. As soon as Cole sees that Kai has the panda, he snatches it and squeezes it tightly.

"Cole?"

Cole looks up at him with wide eyes. Kai kisses his forehead.

"Who's this?" He asks, placing one of his hands over Cole's which is on the panda. 

Cole had, embarrassingly, told Kai that he named all of his childhood toys and how each one of the toys had played a significant purpose in his life.

"C-Coco."

"And, how did Coco help you?" Kai asks, rubbing Cole's back.

"T-they helped me w-when mum died!" Cole sobs, tightening his grip on Coco.

"Shh, I'm sorry baby. Do you still get urges to...harm yourself?"

Cole nods and leans against Kai again.

"Cole, when you have these urges, you will come and tell me straight away. Or ask for Coco. Can you do that baby?"

"Y-yeah I can," Cole whimpers into Kai's chest.

"She loves you. Alright? It's okay sweetheart."

"T-thank you."

"I love you so, so much baby. I promise everything will get better."

"I-I love y-you too."

God, he's so adorable. Kai leans down and kisses Cole gently.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Thank you so much chxcolatexmxlk for helping me out with this oneshot. Hope you're all staying safe and well.