Presents- Amberphoenix

Requested by chxcolatexmxlk

Nya curls up on her bed, whimpering softly, clutching her childhood blanket. Skylor's shift finished nearly two hours ago and she still wasn't home. What if something's happened to her?! No Nya! You can't think like that, Sky can handle herself. But what if she can't?!

Nya grabs her phone and scrolls through her contacts.

Sky 😘❤️

Nya presses call and puts her phone against her ear. Please be okay. Please be okay.

"I'm working, call later."

Nya's eyes fill with tears. She calls again.

"I'm working, call later."

A couple of tears roll down Nya's cheeks as she tries to call her girlfriend yet again.

"I'm working, call later."

Please be okay Sky. Please. I need you. I can't live without you!

Nya calls three more times, only getting Skylor's voicemail as a response.

I need to go and find her!

Nya jumps up and grabs her coat. She sprints downstairs and crashes into her older brother.

"Whoa, where are you going sis? It's ten pm."

"Sky isn't back!" Nya half yells, putting her coat on.

"It's okay sis. She's most likely being held up at the shop," Kai hugs her and rubs her back.

"Her shift finished two hours ago!" Nya half yells, griping Kai's shirt.

"Sis, it's a Saturday evening, the restaurant will be busy."

"B-bu-but..."

"Shh, she'll be okay Nya."

Kai leads his crying sister to the sofa and sits her down. He sits down next to her and rubs her back softly. Nya pushes her head into Kai's shoulder and cries. Kai hushes her and rocks her until she falls asleep. Kai carries her to bed.

***
Skylor opens the door of the Bounty with a gift bag in her hand. She closes and locks the door behind her before heading below deck. As she walks down, she crashes into Kai, who is walking up.

"Hey Kai," Skylor says.

"Was the shop busy?" Kai asks, not noticing the bag in her hand.

"Yeah, I had to stay another hour and a half and then I went to buy this," she holds up the bag.

"Nya's been worried," Kai says. "She was rushing out to come and find you."

Skylor looks down at the floor, instantly guilty for making her girlfriend worry about her. "Where is she now?"

"Asleep in her room."

"Thanks!" Skylor calls as she runs down the corridor.

She runs to Nya's room and opens the door. Nya is curled up on her bed, asleep, clutching her childhood blanket with dry tear stains on her cheeks. I'm so sorry for making you worry about me baby. Skylor walks towards her bed and kneels on the floor. She places a hand on Nya's shoulder and shakes her gently.

"Nya? Wake up sweetheart."

Nya groans as she wakes up. Her eyes widen when she spots Skylor.

"Sky?"

"The one and only," Skylor smiles.

Nya jumps off her bed and into Skylor's arms. Skylor kisses her forehead and stands up with Nya in her arms. She sits on the bed and places Nya on her lap.

"W-why didn't you answer your phone?" Nya asks, her voice muffled by Skylor's shirt.

"It ran out of charge. I'm sorry sweetheart. My shift ran over by an hour and a half. I also went to get you something."

This instantly makes Nya blush. "W-what is it?"

Skylor smiles and leans down to grab the bag. She hands it to Nya who takes the tissue paper out. She gasps when she sees what's inside.

"Aww, I love it

"Aww, I love it. Thank you Sky," Nya pulls the blanket out of the bag and wraps it around them.

"No problem babe," Skylor kisses Nya's forehead before placing her on the bed.

"Sky?" Nya whimpers.

"I fell in love with you when I first met you. We've been dating for nearly four years now. I love you so, so much. That's why I wanted to ask," Skylor gets down on one knee and holds open a ring box. "Nya Pixie Smith, will you marry me?"

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. So, the angst was kinda a last minute edition but I think it works quite well. Also, the end proposal was last minute. Hope you're all staying safe and well.