Nightmares- Kai and Nya

Requested by sivergold
"B-bubba?" Three year old Nya asks.

"Sis?" Five year old Kai replies turning towards his sister.

Nya is stood in the doorway of Kai's bedroom, holding a small teddy in one hand and her favourite blanket in the other.

"Where mamma?" Nya asks.

"Garden," Kai stands up and pulls Nya outside into the garden.

"Mamma?" Nya calls uncertainly. "Daddy?"

Nya's small eyes fill with tears as she screams for her parents. Kai hugs her tightly.

"M-mamma!" Nya sobs.

"I got you sis," Kai rubs her back and tries to stay strong in front of Nya.

"MAMMA! DADDY!"

Kai sits down on the grass and pulls Nya to him. Nya sobs heavily into Kai's shirt.

Nya pulls herself out of Kai's arms and runs around the garden, yelling for her parents. All Nya wants is to be in their arms.

Ten minutes later, Kai finds Nya curled up behind some bushes, sobbing loudly.

"Nya?"

Nya jumps violently and cries into her hands. Kai walks towards her and sits down next to her. He places a hand on her back.

"Not here," Nya murmurs quietly.

"They're gone?" Kai asks.

Nya nods shakily and climbs on Kai's lap. Kai's eyes fill with tears as he buries his head into Nya's hair.

"K-Kai?" Nya shivers.

A couple of tears roll down Kai's cheeks. "I-I got you sis. I'll look after you, forever."

"P-promise?"

"I promise. I love you sis."

"Wove you," Nya murmurs back.

"Sis? Hey, wake up, it's okay."

Nya bolts up, gasping for air. Kai is knelt next to her bed, stroking her arm. Nya's eyes fill with tears as she recalls the day that changed her life forever. Kai sits on the edge of her bed, taking her hand. Nya squeezes his hand as a couple of tears run down her cheeks.

"It's okay, it's okay."

Nya starts to cry harder, shaking and shivering, even though she's under her duvet and has about five blankets wrapped around her. Kai pulls her to him and rubs her back, hushing her. Nya pushes her head into his shoulder and cries. Kai heats his hand up and continues to rub her back soothingly.

"It's okay sis, they're here now, they're here."

Nya sobs into Kai's shoulder, shaking. Kai rubs her back and holds her close to him. Nya leans against him, feeling comforted by his presence. Kai kisses her forehead.

"It's okay sis. It's okay now. They're okay."

Nya sobs louder, her shaking becoming more and more visible. Kai heats himself up more and rubs Nya's back.

"Hey, how 'bout I sing to you?"

Nya lifts her head up from Kai's shoulder to look up at him. She hesitates for a minute before nodding shakily. Kai kisses her forehead again.

Hey brother! Do you still believe in one another?
Hey sister! Do you still believe in love? I wonder

Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

What if I'm far from home?
Oh brother, I will hear you call
What if I lose it all?
Oh sister, I will help you out
Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

As Kai finishes singing, he looks down at Nya, who is now asleep in his arms. Kai lays her down and rubs her arm.

"I love you sis."

Kai quietly walks out of his sisters room, to see his parents stood outside. Kai wipes his strangely watery eyes and looks up at his parents.

"She had the nightmare again."

"It's gonna be okay Kai. You're here for her, and we're here now too," Maya says, pulling Kai into a hug. "It'll be okay."

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. I wasn't gonna update today but when I got this request, I really wanted to get it today. Hope you're all staying safe and well.