Panic attack- lava

Requested by Chaoscat211

Kai bolts up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. Cole had died in his arms and he couldn't do anything. Anything! Kai draws his knees to his chest and cries, not caring if he's heard. The love of his life just died in his arms. He needs Cole now. The only issue is that Cole is out on a mission.

After a few more minutes of crying, Kai and Cole's bedroom door slams open. Kai jolts and looks up. Cole is standing in the doorway with an extremely concerned look in his eyes. He immediately rushes over and picks Kai up. He sits down and places Kai on his lap. Kai grabs Cole's shirt and cries harshly into it, quickly soaking it with his tears. Cole rubs his back and hushes him gently.

"Hey, it's okay baby. It's okay, what's wrong?"

"Had...had a...h-h-had a-a..."

"Shh take your time."

Kai sniffles, "you died in my arms!" Kai starts to sob.

"Oh, baby...shh...shh it's okay."

Cole pulls Kai even closer and rocks him, trying to show that Kai is safe in his arms. Kai sobs and reaches for Cole's pillow.

"You want my pillow?" Cole asks, concerned.

Kai sniffles and nods shakily. Cole hands Kai his pillow. Kai smiles sadly and grabs it, holding it to his chest. Cole strokes Kai's hair, feeding it through his fingers. Kai jolts at first but then slowly starts to relax. Cole smiles and kisses Kai's forehead. Kai blushes and smiles sadly, wiping his eyes.

"I promise I'll never leave you. I love you so much, baby."

"I-I love you t-too."

Cole smiles and lays down, allowing Kai to curl up on top of him. Kai does so and clutches Cole's shirt. Cole strokes Kai's hair kisses his forehead and slowly drifts off, keeping Kai safe.

I hope you enjoyed request number two. I decided to do them separately cause it was easier. Sorry if they aren't what you expected. Hope you're all staying safe and well.