{⋅. Thirteen .⋅}

George was now sat up beside Dream. The gapple was now consumed and George was feeling better already.

"Dream... I'm-"

"I know. I heard you the first thousand times."

George let out a slight chuckle, and slowly looked around some more.

"Where's Sapnap?"

Dream shrugged, letting go of George to quickly go check up on the iron.

"He left little while ago to grab some food, he'll be back in a soon.... don't worry."

George sat up straighter in the bed.

"Does he have the compass on him?"

"Think so. I think he said we would burn it as soon as we get the chance. For now it's just sitting in his inventory."

A streak of panic crossed George's face.

"But... the- compass.... hand..."

Dream glanced over towards George and quickly rushed over to sit on the end of the bed.

"George... what really happened."

Taking a small shaky breath, George looked over at his friend.

"Take your time." Dream said, unpacking the iron from the furnaces, while keeping a watchful eye on George.

"I... left the house... to try and find a way out of here because... it's my fault you guys are stuck in here."

"George..."

"We can talk about it later. Anyways... I was getting some wood when I saw this compass on the floor. I didn't think it was from y-you or Sap-p but it was... I don't know...."

George was starting to shake, and he had to stop talking to take a deep breath, before continuing.

"The compass was glowing... so I touched it."

George let out a faint chuckle.

"Now that I think about it, that was a really stupid decision on my part."

Dream reached out to put a hand on his friends shoulder, causing George to flinch.

"Yeah... George that was stupid of you."

He rolled his eyes at Dream, sending himself into a small hit of giggles.

"What happened next."

George shivered, the memories slowly coming back to him.

"I dunno... I sort of... just blanked out for a little bit. I was just sort of looking at the compass... watching the red needle spin... then when I snapped out of it... I just had this... urge. This... instinct to kill... you guys."

Dream nodded in understanding. George was starting to break again.

"I'm sorry! I'm just making everything wor-"

"George. Nothing is your fault. Getting us in this game, or the compass hunter thing. Nothing. Say it with me. 'Nothing is my fault.' George... say it."

"Dream-"

"Say it George."

"I... can't."

"It's either you say that or you tell me that you love me."

George opened his mouth to protest, but nothing came out. Closing it again, he shot Dream a dirty glare.

"I'm not saying anything."

"Say one of those George or I'm evicting you from the house."

"Ev-vict me? You wouldn't."

George immediately regretted what he just said as soon as those words left his mouth. Dream have George a sly smile, and picked him up, his arms wrapped around the smallers torso.

"Bet."

Letting out a scream, George kicked his legs as Dream half-carried, half-dragged his friend to the exit and threw him outside.

"F*** you!" George screamed, flipping his friend off as he fell to the floor with a thud.

Dream let out a single 'ha' before sealing the door back up again.

Grumbling, George rest his back against the wall near the cobblestone. Sure he could mine it down, but he was sure that Dream would be able to see him coming and probably just place another one down. So his only option was to wait for Sapnap to come back and save him, or wait till Dream pitied him enough to let him in.

Either one of those or let the mobs kill him.

Tilting his head up towards the clouds, he sighed and breathed in the cold air. The stars were beginning to wake up, and the white clouds had now gone into an emo phase. George could barely see the moon that was beginning to creep over the edge of the ravine.

Thump

A shadow dropped down into the ravine, the owner letting out a small whine as they hit the bottom.

George stood up and titled his head left as he gazed at the shadow. He couldn't see its eyes, but he could tell it was staring back.

"Sapnap?"

𑁍

Congrats on reading Chapter Thirteen!

This chapter was written in memory of Cat.

<3

We miss you Cat, everyone make sure to send love to George.

Luca may not be there physically anymore, but he will always be with us in our hearts.

Forever and always.

All my best,
»» Citlali ««