{⋅. Twenty .⋅}

The sparks rained down upon the lush carpet of grass, and it was set alight. Another shower of sparks was rained down upon a nearby tree, setting it ablaze.

Scrambling off the floor, Dream rose to his feet and quickly reached for his water bucket.

...

Where was his water bucket?

Turning over to George, who was also frantically searching his inventory, Dream quickly realized they didn't have a single drop of water.

How plot convenient.

I mean bad. How bad.

The flames weren't growing necessarily, but simply creating more flames as they went. Never merging, but creating babies.

Smoke filled the air and created a grey blanket. Weighting down his lungs and stinging them, making each breath harder and more painful to take then the last.

"H-HIT THE DECK!"

Dream flew to his hands and knees. In front of him, he could see Sapnaps shoes booking it through the smoke, probably coming to finish him off.

What a way to die.

Instead, Sapnap walked right past Dream. Falling to his stomach, Dream started to crawl in a random direction, hopefully out of the smoke.

A burning stick fell right beside the green man, and set him ablaze. Screaming, Dream jumped up, batting at the flames. Even though only the end of his hoodie, it still burned his entire body. Sending jolts of pain and agony through his limbs and spine every other second.

Hot. It was so hot.

It had gotten so bad to the point where Dream had reclined back onto the floor, his mask knocked off and now lay askew beside him.

He just wanted it all to stop.

Make it stop.

Please make it stop.

Just end the pain.

E̸n̶d̸ ̶i̵t̵.

Then it stopped.

Dream slowly rolled onto his back staring upwards. The blazing forest around him became nothing more then white noise.

It stopped.

Oh my goodness thank god it stopped.

"-eam? Dream? Hey! Dream?"

The world started to slowly catch up to him. Suddenly, all his senses came back.

His ears picked up the crackling of the fierce fire. Dream could smell the burning wood and leaves. He could feel someone shaking him and trying desperately to make him get up.

But worst of all, he could see the massive amount of flames. The livid orange flames that seemed to creep closer, wanting to wrap its jaws around someone new.

"DREAM!"

Finally completely snapping out of his daze, Dream shot up in a panic. George, who was crouched beside him, jumped backwards.

"We gotta go! Like, now!"

Dreams eyes lifted to study George. He had a bloody scratch on his chin, and his shirt looked charred around the rim. His glasses were askew and in his hands, clutched a mask with the iconic :) painted on it.

To say the least, George had seen better days.

"Sapnap... Where's Sapnap!"

"He attacked me, but I managed to fight him off."

Dream looked around at the burning forest.

"Why?"

George looked confused.

"Why what?"

"Why now? Sapnap had that compass for so long, and it only now decides it wants to make him go crazy?"

Dream turned to look at George, who handed him his mask. Dream accepted it and quickly tied it back around his head, shifting it to cover his face.

"Didn't you like go coo-coo as soon as you picked it up."

"Well, if you think about it, Sapnap only went crazy after he looked at the face of the compass. The needle was spinning round and round... maybe like brainwashing him?"

A shiver ran down Dreams spine. He too had looked at the compass, watching the little red needle spin.

How close was he to ending up like Sapnap?

What would have happened if he did? No offence to George, but he had never had two hunters chase him down. He... didn't stand much of a chance.

"-snap out of it."

Dream shook his head, turning it to look back at George.

"Sorry!"

Suddenly a blazing tree collapsed between them. George only managing to barely make it out of the way before it crashed between them. The dancing flames expanded off of the trunk, spreading into the grass. 

George could barely make out Dream's silhouette between the flames. There was no clear way to get over to his friend.

"George!"

"Dream!"

"George behind you!"

George swung around and was met face to face with Sapnap.

He let out a little giggle and waved.

"Um... hi!"

Sapnap took no notice to his greeting, and lunged at him.

"I didn't like your dirty little trick you played back there Georgie!"

George quickly bent over and swept his legs under Sapnaps, knocking the over and letting him tumble to the floor.

Sapnap crashed onto the floor, wincing at the pain. Taking his opportunity, George pulled out a piece of steak and quickly chowed down.

Sapnap sprung back up, managed to get behind George and wrapped his sword around the smaller's neck.

Eyes widening, George wiggled, trying to loosen his friends grip. Sapnap quickly reaches forward and threw George's sword onto the ground. Smirking, he took a step back, towards a tree, forcing George along with him.

"Sapnap-" George pleaded. "Bro please don't. We can talk about this!"

All he heard back was a low chuckle. George flails, stepping on Sapnaps toes and kicking, screaming... anything.

He was stood right of a untouched tree. The flames had not claimed it as a victim yet, but it was sure god damn close.

George was slammed up against the tree, hands forced back around its trunk. Something was fitted around his wrists, before Sapnap stepped back.

"Cya Georgie!"

George's eyes widened, and he screamed.

"SAPNAP!"

And with a wave, Sapnap left George tied up against a tree, waiting to be claimed as a victim to arson.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading Chapter Twenty!

I had half a mind for Sapnap to wink and say "Kinky~"

According to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote or else you don't get cookies, baked by me :D

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««