{⋅. Twenty-Nine .⋅}

The nether has a strange hum to it.

A chorus of piglin snorts, ghast squeals and strider chirps create an interesting choir that was unique the the nether world. A special tune, or song.

Dream clears a gap over a hole of lava as he tries to run through the soulsand valley, the musical symphony ringing in his ears, his feet heavy as if he's fighting his way through quicksand, making each step harder then the last.

A arrow flies over his head, and the grunting sounds of his friend suffering behind him fuels him forward and to keep trudging along.

"Dream slow down!"

Dream smirks and turns around to blow a raspberry.

"No! Why don't you speed up?"

Sapnap rolls his eyes, his iron sword cutting through a nearby skeleton aiming for him, reducing it to a few bones.

"That was just rude."

"Well, no means no."

Small beat of silence.

"Will you please reconsider?"

Dream let out a huff, before turning back around and continued fighting his way, getting further and further away from the fortress, giving George as much time as possible.

Another arrow whizzed past his ear.

Dream grumbled, and drew his sword to face the skeleton. Instead was met with Sapnap loading another arrow and pulling th string on a very broken looking bow back.

Letting out a small 'no!', he dove aside, the arrow flying at him with deadly aim.

"When did you get a bow?!"

Sapnap giggles, drawing back his bow again.

"A man never tells his secrets."

Dream rolls left, the arrow landing where his leg was just a few moments ago.

"You...you got it from a skeleton!"

Sapnap giggles again, and sends another arrow at Dream, which missed by only a sliver.

Taking in a few deep breaths, Dream scrambled to his feet, just as an arrow comes from his left.

His attention snaps to the skeleton, now drawing back his bow to shoot at Dream again.

"Should have made a shield." Dream remarks bitterly, driving out of the way of the skeletons arrow.

Only to have Sapnaps land on his shoulder.

Dream screamed, falling over and clutching his arm. He had never felt pain like this before... (regardless... he'd never been shot before). Sapnap let out a small chuckle, drawing back his bow once more.

This time, a stray arrow flew at Dream from a skeleton, grazed his cheek, leaving a bloody scratch. Hissing from the slight pain, he slowly stood up.

Sapnap pulled back his bow and readied it, prepping to take his shot.

When he was interrupted by another arrow from a different skeleton.

"HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE?"

Dream took this chance, choosing a random direction and running as fast as you could on soul sand. He could hear Sapnap kill the skeleton behind him and start chasing him back, so he squeezed his eyes and just kept pushing forward. 

He jumps over a hole of death... I mean lava  and was starting to feel the fatigue catching up to him.

"I need to eat." Dream though desperately to himself. "I can't sprint and I need to heal."

So Dream ran around a corner and went down.

He curled up in his little hole, covered up, in the pitch dark. If he ate now with Sapnap so close, he would be heard and slaughtered instantly.

But... then again Sapnap had the compass.

Dreams blood suddenly went cold, despite being in literal hell.

He could hear the footsteps above him, crunching on the soul sand and a voice clicking their tongue.

"Oh Dream..." A voice muttered, followed by a small chuckle. "Dream Dream Dream...."

Then... then it walked away?

The footsteps were getting further away, and soon faded to nothing. Now replaced was Dreams heart pounding in his ears and his deep breaths.

Chomping on some steak, Dream finally decided that it was okay to peek his head back out. After pulling the arrow out of his arm, wincing, he ate more steak and felt the wound knit itself up.

He poked his head out, scanning his surroundings and then getting out a loud gasp.

The fortress.

Dream had just lead Sapnap back to George, back to the place he was trying to lead away.

And now Sapnap was on his way to kill him.

◦𑁍◦

George was doing very well with the blaze rod collection.

Most blaze that had been spawning in were dropping their rods, and George had only revived minor burns so far.

Another wave of 2 blaze appeared, and George readied his sword and shield, about to take them on when he heard something under the blaze howls.

Was that... someone breaking blocks?

George held onto the small hope that it could be Dream and simply ignored it, easing his shield to stop the fireballs.

The fireballs hit the shield in perfect rhythm, slightly pushing him back before George pushed forward again, slashing at the blaze.

Puff

Puff

A single blaze rod clattered onto the floor, and George picked it up, adding it to his pile of 8 now. That would be plenty.

He should try and find Dream.

Or...

The sounds of breaking blocks grew louder, and George's instincts finally caught up with him.

George's brain quickly switched to fight or flight mode, and he dashed down the pathway of the nether, climbing over his wall he built to keep the wither skeletons out.

Sapnap emerges from the ground, a wicked grin stretching across his face, his iron sword reflecting the glowing red from the molten lava below them.

A painful death none the less.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading the Chapter Twenty-Nine!

I don't think I've ever been this tired in my whole life what the heck.

Not very very happy with how this chapter is, and I might rewrite it in the future... probably not I'll be honest.

Also... according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote or you're sus.

And follow me if you wanna.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««