{⋅. Thirty-Seven .⋅}

"Hey George."

"... Oh hello."

"Its been a while hasn't it."

A small chuckle echoed through the cobblestone chamber.

"Few days at most."

A stilled silence.

"Wanna help me kill-?"

A scrambling against the cobble was accompanied with what sounded like the scraping of a sword along the floor.

"Yes."

◦𑁍◦

Dream was 100% pushing it.

But he was so close!

Dream had by now lost count of the days he spent in the village, conjugating along the villagers. Talking with the fletcher the most often, giving him the sticks he would craft out of the nearby forest for shiny green goods.

By now Dream had enough ender pearls, but wanted to get enough arrows before he left.

Dream knew that Sapnap AND George now had to be close, with a compass they would be able to get here in a flash.

Dream was 100% pushing it.

Night was falling and Dream was settling in a bed inside a cave near the village he had carved out to stay for the next while.

While in the village, he explored around when waiting for restocks. Going through shipwrecks and following a buried treasure map. Now he was equipped with a diamond helmet and chest, along with a crystallized diamond blade and axe.

He lined the entrance of the cave with pressure plates, which he hoped to either scare his friends or to alert him with their sounds when they crossed the threshold.

Dream slipped under the covers, his sword and axe at the ready. He planned to leave east (he had already made the eyes of ender and thrown one, to get a general direction) as soon as the sun came up, to try and regain any lead he had lost while in the village.

Something he found himself wondering often was if the two hunters would try and hunt him separately, or perhaps team up.

"Although." A small voice in the back of Dreams head nagged. "Maybe they found each other and one killed the other."

To which Dream would slap himself and keep moving forward.

He refused to believe either one of his friends were dead.

◦𑁍◦

He was falling.

Two feathery wings under him disintegrated into the wind, leaving a whirlwind of feathers as he plummeted.

He was falling.

The world around him was blue. A blissful blue. Were those faint stars? Oh man how high was he falling from.

Then it hit him, he was falling to the stars.

He was going the opposite way water would trickle off your fingertips, and roll off in small dewdrops. He was falling into space. Towards the sun and the planets.

He could ride on comets, and sit on asteroid belts. He could be at peace, with nothing but the solar system and him.

Then he starts rising.

Back towards earth, and towards the ground.

Space seems to reach out it's black tentacles and wraps it around his arm, trying to pull him back.

"Don't go!" It screamed. "Help me!"

But he was sent spiralling back down to earth away from space.

But he never did meet Earth.

He fell into space again...?

But this space was different. The stars were black, and melting. The plants had rusted and bruised. Their rings were bent and the asteroid belt broken. The comets no longer had enough fuel, so instead they just floated there. Idle.

He screamed, and angled himself to go back. He wanted to go back. But suddenly the void around him started bending, shifting.

The space around him started at his ankles. Pining him down of nothing, crawling up his legs. They reached his arms, and as much as he tried to fight it, eventually retained him by pushing his arms down by his side.

The space bent around his head, covering his mouth in which he screamed. Muffled by space, not that anyone could hear him. Space was his only friend, now look where he was.

Space was moving him forward, towards a planet, which seemed to open up its top like a glass jar and promptly shove him in.

He screamed, and wiggles. Nothing.

Space must have covered his eyes now, because when he opens them (when did he even close them?) all he can see is darkness.

He can't breath.

Space is suffocating him.

His wiggles and screams die down, he can't move anymore. He grows limp as a final breath of life is taken away from him.

The last thing he remembers is the noise of something being screwed back on...

Dream wakes up to the sound of a pressure plate being stepped on, and a loud mutter of disappointment from someone.

He sits up in his head, his hand against his forehead, panting slightly.

Dream can't remember the last time a nightmare scared him that much. He feels the shortness of breath even in real time.

"George?"

Was that Sapnap?

Though his slightly groggy mind, he finally managed to string some things together.

His hunters were here.

Dream rolls out of bed, and quickly jumps up to face his friends under torch light.

George has bangs under his eyes, and his hair was more scuffed then the last time Dream had left him. Was that a crack in one of the lens of his clout goggles?

Sapnap had a rip on his left sleeve, and dirt was scuffed onto the bandana that he wore around his forehead

Dream let out a small chuckle and wave.

"Hi."

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading the Chapter Thirty-Seven!

Home stretch.

Bro I am so proud of that dream/nightmare sequence.

According to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote or no muffins for you.

Please my last chapters have done so bad am I dragging the book on for too long?

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««