Chapter 1 : It's you!

Thorn POV

We just finished our meeting and site visits. Now we are in front of a famous yet small cafe to have our lunch.

"Oho, Thorn! This cafe looks so cozy!" Mae compliments it as soon as she lands her eye on it.

"Of course! They are very well known for their pastry and coffee," I explained as we walked into the cafe.

"Sawade Khrup!" the waitress greeted us as we walked into the cafe.

"Oh, Khun Thorn. Do you have a meeting around here?" Techno, the barista asked being his usual friendly self.

"Yeah. I brought my Mae today!" he then politely waied at her.

We then take a seat on a table.

"Thorn, are you sure this cafe is very well known? They didn't really have a huge crowd," Mae asked after the waitress took our order.

"This cafe used to be owned by a once-thriving coffee business. But then after a few incidents, they couldn't sustain their business," I explained briefly.

"Aw, their story sounds familiar," she commented.

"Familiar? What do you mean?" I asked back.

Then Boat came and serve our coffee.

"Enjoy your coffee, Na? Your food will be served in 10 minutes!" with that, he walks away.

"Remember your late Por best friend? He was chased out by his Mae since he wished to get married to a guy. He then migrated to South Korea and started their own cafe there. Then one day, they get on a plane to went to Jeju Island to check on their new branch, but the airplane they boarded crashed!  His Mae spends all she has to find her son, and they manage to retrieve his body. And a few years after that, she finds out she actually has a grandchild!" Mae shares her story as she sips her coffee.

"Woah, their coffee is no joke!" she compliments.

"I've told you! Mae, how come she has grandchildren? Her son gets married to a guy isn't it?" I voice my concern.

"The guy he gets married to is intersex! Just like that famous T Empire couple,"

//cameo!   >_<   cause why not?//

"Mae, wait for a bit, Na? I'll buy some flatbread for P'Mew," then leave my seat and went to their pastry warmer.

"Aw, is my Nong's favorite sold out, Techno?" I asked.

"Oh? We are out of it, P'Thorn. Gulf went out to pick up his son from his kindergarten. He's the one who bakes them," Techno explained.

"But he will be back soon. I think by the time you finished your lunch, we will be able to have them freshly baked for you!" he added.

"Oho, hopefully, I'll be that lucky today!" with that, I went back to our table.

"Aw, are they out of it?" Mae asked while Boat was serving our food.

"Yes. Their pastry chef went out for a bit," we then started enjoying our lunch.

"Oho, so this is where you brought it. Mew is crazy for that flatbread!" she commented.

"Exactly! Mae, what if we introduce Mew with the chef? Well, he likes the flatbread so much," I said jokingly.

"Anyone is better than that psycho Art!" she commented.

Flashback

//Start//

"Aw, Mew, why do you look like someone who had an upset stomach?" I asked him teasingly as I walked into the office.