Chapter 31 : Will to Resist

A few days later...

Gulf POV

"Mew, Ramida called just now and she asked for our doctor to come and check on her. She thinks that she's pregnant," Mae informed as we took a seat.

"Oh? Oi, hopefully, she's pregnant for real this time around. She has been trying for 6 years now," Mew commented as he pours some milk for Type.

"Hmm, when will I get the good news, Mew? You remember right, that I didn't have much time left," she the coughed violently.

"Mae! Are you alright?" I asked as I poured some plain water.

"Gulf, take Mae to her room, Na? I'll send Type to school," with that, I helped Mae Na to stand and send her to her room.

"Gulf, do you still argue a lot with Mew?" Mae Na asked as I put the blanket on her.

"Er, not really, Mae. You don't have to worry, Na?" I coax her.

"Oih, when will I be able to hold Mew's child," she mumbled.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I then took her smartphone and handed it to her.

"Yes, Saran. Is there any good news?" she asked as soon as she accepts the call.

"No? It's alright, Luk. Both of you are still young, Na? How was Ramida? Is she crying a lot?" she asked.

"Mae, I'll cook some soft food for you, Na?" I excuse myself and walked to the kitchen.

Should I give in now?

Well, P'Mew has confessed...

I'm not really sure about my feelings yet, but he is my husband...

I keep on asking myself as I took out some chicken from the fridge and start cooking.

***

I put some of the chicken congee and place it on a tray before I walked to the second floor. Only to find Mae Na sleeping. I then place the food tray and left a note for her.

"Mae, have this congee after you woke up, Na? I'm sending some to P'Ramida,"

I then head back to the kitchen and took the food container before I walked out from the house. As I reached their house, I ring the bell. Greeted by P'Saran.

"How's P'Ramida? I asked as I walked in. He simply shook his head.

"I'll serve this first, Na?" I then walked to their kitchen and pour the congee into a bowl. Carrying a food tray, I walked to their bedroom.

"I shouldn't have called the doctor. I should've waited till I'm more certain," she sobbed hard.

"Ramida, the doctor said your condition is not that strong now..." he tried to coax her.

"When did I ever not weak, Phi? I've always like this since I was a kid! When will I hold my own baby, Phi?" she vents out her frustration.

"Ramida, having a child doesn't guarantee our happiness. Like this, we are happy now, isn't it? We are even building a new house here. We could come here and have a vacation whenever you wanted. You liked it here isn't it?" he keeps on trying.

"No! I want a child, Phi! How else can our marriage be complete? I know both you and Mae wanted a child to carry on the family name. Other people could easily have a child, why can't I?"

Look, Gulf...

Other's were struggling to conceive...

But you can, but choose not too...