Chapter 36 : Why didn't you?

Gulf POV

I was mixing some dough, hoping it would help to distract my mind for a bit.

It will be just fine...right?

Ding!

Signaling the pastry I was baking is ready. Not thinking much, I walked to the oven, open it up, and hold the tray.

"Fuck!" I cursed the burning pain I felt on my hand.

"Gulf! What's wrong?" Techno rushed into the kitchen. But then his eye lands on my hand.

"Oih, does it hurt?" he asked as he takes a closer look.

"Of course, it does!" I flipped.

"Let's compress it first!" he then took walked to the freezer and took out some ice while I walked out from the kitchen and take a seat on a vacant table on the outer deck of the cafe.

"Here," he handed me the ice wrapped in a clean cloth.

"Why didn't you reject her? What she asks you to do is wrong, Ai'Gulf!" he questions my action.

"Cause I can't..." I mumbled.

"Why the fuck not? Ai'Gulf, if you asked me, you are not freaking indebt with them in any way! You said it's because she raised you after your parent's death? I won't even call that as 'raised you' given that you work your ass off just to support yourself and their family!"

"Actually..."

Flashback

//Start//

"Are you here to rub on my face? Of course, now you are living well! You even went oversea to further your studies, thanks to your wealthy grandma! You didn't even have a bit grateful for the person who raised you and sends me some money!" she nags.

"Mae, that's not..."

"It's because of you! My husband was caught and I have left no choice but to do illegal stuff that got me separated from my daughter!" she vents out her anger.

//End//

"Because of that, Grace was sent to her grandmother who abused her. That's why, I can't just reject her, Ai'No! I feel that, I was the reason why she have to face such hard life. She even ended up pregnant," I tried to explain.

"Gulf, you have been taking really good care of her all these years. You worked, worked, worked yourself to death just to send her to a good college. She's a grown-up now. Let her face and fight for her own life! What about your own life?" Techno questioned.

***

Rachaya (Mae Ra) POV

"WHAT? MEW IS GETTING MARRIED TO GULF'S SISTER?!" what Kaownah told me was really shocking.

"And what does Khun Yai and Mae Na said?" I asked for more details.

"They didn't say anything, Mae," he left out a heavy breath, showing disapproval.

"Seems like Mew wanted the inheritance now! Oih, where the hell did your P'San gone off to?" I threw a question to my second son.

"I don't know, Mae. I think no one knows where P'San went off to,"

"When was the marriage will be?" I asked for more details.

"I'm not sure, Mae. But if I'm not mistaken, P'Mew is going to propose P'Grace tomorrow night. But I kinda heard that they are going to sign the marriage certificate right away after that. Wait, I think the divorce paper first, then the marriage certificate," Kaownah explained.