- 𝟏𝟔 -

C M B

"I need you to come and guide my way"
Lighthouse - Bars and Melody

We got back to the house and quickly changed for the meeting just in time before Randy and the team came. Usually at these meetings we discuss plans for new music, tour dates, etc. They're usually kinda fun and very productive, but I'd rather be at Lara's at the moment.

"I swore the meeting was tomorrow." Daniel says as he checks on his phone one more time.

"Yeah same. Maybe it's important." Jonah says. He's probably right. The question is; what's so important that it couldn't wait another day? We all sit in the living room, waiting for Randy and the team to show up.

About 10 minutes pass and a knock comes at the door. Daniel opens the door and we see that it's only Randy at the door. Well this is certainly a surprise...

"Hi boys." he says, welcoming himself in. He joins us in the living room, taking a seat in the arm chair. "You might be wondering why I called you all here today."

"Yeah we thought the meeting was tomorrow." Jack says in a lighthearted manner. The rest of us nod in agreement.

"Well it was tomorrow, but the team and I figured you guys had a long week and the meeting could be rescheduled another time." Better not be Friday...Please don't switch it to Friday.

"So what did you wanna talk about then?" Zach asks.

"I wanted to talk about your interview with James Corden." he begins. I wonder where this is going..."Obviously the questions were a bit, intense. Regardless, I think you had a great show. The team loved it, the fans loved it, we're all very proud of you." he says. Wow, was not expecting that. We all say thank you to him before he continues. "Speaking of the fans...as you all know your fan base is very observing. Due to this fact, apparently there was this Instagram story with Corbyn and a new girl? Care to explain that?" he asks, looking at me. Oh. So this is why he came to talk to us, privately.

"I don't think it's a big deal. Or at least we don't need to make it a big deal." I say, but it isn't good enough. "Randy with all due respect, I don't think it's anyone's business who I do or don't see..."

"And I get that, but the fans want clarification, you know that-"

"You know what's funny? I haven't seen a single post or tweet regarding the IG story." Daniel, Jonah, Jack, and Zach all nod and say they haven't gotten any questions about it.

"Well thankfully it was dark so no one could really make out who the girl is. I'm assuming it's not anyone I know or the media knows-"

"She's just a friend. Not that it's anyone's business..." I'm not gonna put up with this crap. I get it, Randy means well...most of the times. But if he's here to tell me to keep my relationships private, he's wasting his breath. The last thing I'd want is another relationship to fall apart because it was exposed to the whole world. And I especially don't want Lara to get dragged into all this.

"Okay okay, we won't talk about it anymore. Just no posting any pictures with her until things are official." he says. Unbelievable. I stay quiet, nodding my head. I don't feel like picking a fight with him right now. After all he is our manager and he's helped us get this far...it's just hard dealing with him sometimes. "Okay well that's all. I'll text you all when we have our meeting with the team." he says as he walks out of the house. That's all he came here for? Seriously? The guys and I all look at each other, not knowing what to say. Although, from the looks of it, I'm pretty sure we're all thinking the same thing.