- 𝟓𝟒 -

L R C

"You and I, we don't wanna be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between you and I"

You and I - One Direction

Mia and I got home from the airport around 6 o'clock, pulling into my parents driveway. My mom had invited us for dinner since we were going to the Besson's either way for Thanksgiving, even if Corbyn couldn't make it. It felt like months since I last went back to my old house, but then again, maybe it was.

The two of us walk up to the front door, and Mia rings to doorbell. I see the slightly sad look on her face and raise a brow, "What's up with you?"

The blonde turned to me and frowned, "Let's go to Europe." she says.

"Please you're so in love-" I laugh as the door opens to reveal Harvey. It feels so long since I last saw him. "Harveyyy! I've missed you kid." I tell him as we walk in.

"Yeah yeah, you barely come over anymore." he says, only getting distracted by his phone. For once he wasn't playing a game this time, but he was texting someone - a girl.

I look at him and give a slight grin, "Well looks like you're busy yourself." I tease. Mia and I watch his face turn into a bright shade of pink, remembering when we were like that back then.

We hear my mom from the dining room, her happy singing getting louder as we walked in. The table was fully set as if it was already Thanksgiving, and there was food everywhere. I almost forgot how much my mom loved to cook.

"Ah! You're here!" she beams, giving us both a hug. I take my seat at the dining table, looking at the selection of food in front of us.

"Uh what's the occasion?" I laugh. Everyone else comes in; Jordan, Maggie, Harvey and Nate. It sure has been a while since we last ate together like this.

My mom takes a seat at the end of the table, all the way across from Nate. She moves in her chair and shakes her head with a smile, "No occasion, I'm just glad you two are here."

Mia and I exchange looks, giving friendly smiles back to my mom. We start passing around food, catching up on life and talking about different topics. I still can't wrap my head around how much has changed in just a few short months, but I'm glad I have this time to spend with my family now.

"So Lara, how are things with Corbyn?" Maggie smirked. All eyes were now on me as I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"Everything's good, I saw him this morning before his flight." I told her, even though everyone was listening.

"He's going to Europe? Right?" Nate asks, cutting into his steak.

I nod my head at that fact, still slightly saddened by it. "Yeah he'll be there until the New Year."

"Wow..." Maggie spoke up, "That sucks."

I finish up my food and shrug my shoulders, "It's fine. You gotta do what you gotta do y'know?"

"Well he's lucky you're so understanding." my mom tells me with a light laugh. We finish dinner, helping clean the kitchen after. Before I head over to the living room to watch some football with the family, I turn on my phone to see a notification from Corbyn before he boarded his flight.

When you see this - go check your old room, there's something waiting for you there

I slide my phone back into my pocket, not sure what this boy could mean. I walk up the stairs and down the hall towards my old room, that's still very empty. Mom and Nate weren't sure what to do with the room, unable to pick between a guest room or office space. So all my old furniture was still where it was how I left it.

I look around, not finding anything out of the ordinary. I go to my old bed and sit on it, remembering all the decorations and pillows I used to have in this room. That's when I see this so-called surprise. On top of my nightstand, lies an envelope with my name on it written in Corbyn's handwriting. I take the paper envelope and rip it open in my hands, seeing a post-it note and a ticket.

No he did not...

I read the note in my head, hearing his voice in his words. "Hey Lar, hope this counts as an early Christmas gift jk you know I'll still get you something else, but this will have to do for now. I love you princess."

I read the ticket to see it's for a flight to Paris. My heart starts to race as I see all the information, from my seat to the date I have to leave. Is he serious? "This will have to do for now?" He's definitely delusional, but in a good way. I pick up my phone to call him, but then realize I'll have to wait until he lands. I run downstairs to see everyone in the living room watching the game, but clearly they heard me come down.

"What happened?" Maggie asks me, everyone thinking what she's saying.

A smile appears on my face as I hold the envelope tightly in my hands, "I'm going to Paris."

. . .

a/n

just a tad bit late on the upload- i had a bunch o' stuff to do today whoops