- 𝟒𝟕 -

T H I R D P E R S O N

"So what, you stayin' or comin'?
It shouldn't be a discussion"
Choose - Why Don't We

Corbyn woke up the next morning to find his arm still loosely wrapped around Lara's waist. He peeked over to see the brunette still asleep with a soft smile on her face. He didn't want to wake her up yet, so he slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom connected to his room. He took a quick shower and changed into a hoodie and jeans before walking out the door.

Before walking downstairs, he passed by Christina's room and cracked the door open to see her asleep as well. He closed the door gently before heading down the steps.

Waiting for him downstairs were all 4 of his bandmates, even Zach who surprisingly awake so early in the morning. This certainly confused the boy as he met them all in the kitchen, all of them with concerned looks on their face.

"What's going on?" Corbyn asked. The way the 4 of them were seated by the kitchen island reminded him of being called to the principal's office and his parents would be there, and for that he laughed to himself.

"Why're you laughing?" Daniel asked a little too harshly, causing the dirty blonde boy to shut up.

"Guys, what's going on?" Corbyn asked, causing his bandmates to shoot a look at him.

"And I thought I was the stupid one." Zach whispered to Jack as the two sat in the corner of the room.

"No it's still you." Jack whispered back, causing the messy haired brunette to flick his arm.

Jonah put down his drink and folded his hands together on the table, not breaking eye contact with the young adult in front of him. "Corbyn what the hell is Christina doing here?"

Knowing that was exactly what they'd say, Corbyn's neck turned hot, causing him to rub the back of it. He himself still didn't know what she was doing here, or why he let her stay.

"It's no big deal okay? She came over here last night and it was getting late so I offered her to guest room upstairs." he tells them honestly. Unlucky for him, none of them believe it.

"How late was late?" Daniel asks first, slightly offending Corbyn. Do they not trust me? he thought, but he kept that to himself.

"It was late Daniel okay? Besides, nothing happened." he says defensively.

"We didn't say anything happened." Jack says with a raise of an eyebrow, only making Corbyn anxious. All 4 of them could see him tensing up too, so they stopped prying. A comfortable silence settles between the boys.

"Does Lara know she's here?" Daniel asks. Corbyn shakes his head, making a majority of the boys sigh in disappointment. "Okay here's what we're gonna do, you can't let Lara know Christina's still here."

"I'm sure she'll understand-"

"Corbyn," Jonah interrupted, his voice was stern - a voice he never used with his friends, "Christina needs to go. At least for now." all of them hear a door open from upstairs and Jonah immediately lowers his voice, "You and I both know that there's a reason you let her stay, and you need to figure out why and what you're gonna do about it."

Corbyn, clearly nervous, nodded his head and took his friend's word on it. Jack got up from his seat with his phone in hand, telling the group that Gabbie texted Christina and invited her to come over for breakfast. They all heard footsteps walking down the stairs and saw Christina already dressed for the day.

"Morning." Corbyn says with a friendly smile, even though everyone could see how awkward this is getting.

Christina gave him a wave, "I'm heading to Gabbie's for breakfast." she told the boys, her suitcase was behind her as well, "I also figured I'd head to Tate's since that's where I'm supposed to be staying." the girl said.

"Oh okay," Corbyn said, "See you." he waved goodbye, while the rest of the boys mimicked his actions. The brunette knew she wasn't welcomed, but she didn't feel too comfortable staying a second long there either way. After the front door was shut closed, Corbyn turned back around to his bandmates who still had questionable looks on their faces.

They heard a door open again from upstairs and all knew who it was. Before Corbyn was able to go, Daniel stopped him. "Nuh uh, you have explaining to do. I'll check on her." Daniel says before rushing upstairs.

Confused, Corbyn sat down while Jonah stayed with him. Zach was on his way out the door since he was already late for a breakfast date with Kay, and Jack decided to work on some stuff for their next half of tour.

"So why'd she come over?" Jonah asked his friend again, this time Corbyn gave in.

"She still has feelings for me." Corbyn tells him quietly, this surprised Jonah, but also didn't at the same time.

"Well what'd you say?" he asked, trying to see what's going on in his best friend's mind.

"I told her it was all in the past, we had our chance." Good, Jonah thought, "But then I looked at her and everything she said made sense." You had one job Corbyn, he thought quickly after.

"So how do you feel about her?"

"I know how she feels," the dirty blonde admitted, "'Cause I've felt that way before."

"Yeah before you met Lara." Jonah reminded him, even though the young adult shouldn't be have to be reminded about the girl he loved - she was supposed to be on his mind.

"Yeah obviously," Corbyn said in an "as-a-matter-of-fact" way, "It's just I know how it felt to miss it all." the boy looked down as he replayed the words Christina told him. "You know she said it's possible, that one day we could happen again."

Jonah sat up and listened to his friend talk, "And do you believe that?"

Corbyn shrugged, taking a drink of the coffee in front of him, "I don't know." he told him. The sad part was, he genuinely did not know.

A couple days ago he knew exactly where and who'd he'd spend his future with, and all it took was a glance at a familiar pair of baby browns to drag him down again.

. . .

(a/n)

corbyn what's going on bud 🤨

also double update to make up for lost time

and cus y'all deserve it <3

?: should i write in third person more? 🙈