- 𝟓𝟐 -

L R C

"Cause anywhere with you feels right
Anywhere with you feels like
Paris in the rain"

Paris in the Rain ~ Lauv

I finished getting ready around 6:30 when I hear my phone start buzzing on top of my dresser. I pick it up almost immediately, thinking it was Corbyn on the other side of the line.

"Hello?" I can hear faint talking in the background, so I know it's not Corbyn. He's home alone right now catching up on some work.

"Hi bestie whom I love and adore with every being in my body." A small smile appears on my face as I hear the familiar blonde's voice on the other end.

"What do you need Mia?" I laugh, hearing Daniel's voice in the background, "Oh you seem to be busy." I tease.

I can tell I'm embarrassing her from the sound of light laughter in the background - probably Daniel's. "What makes you think I need something?" Mia asks in a defensive tone, "Can't a girl just call her best friend?"

"Yes, but you're not like most girls." I tell her. I hear Daniel say, 'Quirkyyy' in the background in a teasing voice, making me and Mia laugh. "Okay but what's up?"

"Uh I need to borrow your car." she finally says, "Now before you say anything, Daniel's broke down and we're just down the block from the garage."

I take a seat on the edge of my bed, holding the phone close to my ear, "But I'm meeting Corbyn tonight." I tell her. Did I forget to mention it to her?

"Oh frick yeah I forgot," she sighed, "Where you going?"

I go to my messages with Corbyn to see what his plan was, only to see that it was a surprise. "Uh I don't know, he didn't say." I look out my window and it looks like it's almost about to rain, "When do you need it?"

"15 minutes-ish." Mia tells me. I comb back my hair away from my face and think for a second. I'm probably going to Corbyn's house, and a bus ride there wouldn't be too long, but not ideal. "Lara?"

"Yeah I'm here," the sound of Mia's voice brings me out of my thoughts. "Sure, you can take it. I'll leave my keys here I guess." I tell her. 

"Yess, thank you thank you thank you." she says, I can almost hear her smiling. Shortly she hangs up and I'm slipping my shoes on to head out the door. As I walk out our apartment building, I feel a drop on my hand. Yep, definitely gonna rain. I don't mind rainy days, but I'd rather stay inside when we have them.

I go to the nearest bus stop at the end of the block to find no one there. Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't like going out during bad weather. I sit on the bench and wait for the city bus to arrive any minute. Looking at the people around me and all the shops and restaurants on my street, I've come to the conclusion that I don't go out enough. The most I've been was NYC, but then besides that it's either Corbyn's place or mine. Hopefully that will change soon - the last thing I want is to be stuck in one place for the rest of my life.

The bus arrives and stops in front of me, its double doors open up and I greet the driver as I take my seat. Except something's different this time; the bus is completely empty. Empty with the exception of one person. A guy who wears a black buttoned down shirt, the first few buttons unbuttoned. A dark grey suit jacket over it, paired with black pants and black shoes; of course with that same designer belt from before. That day when I thought he was some upperclassman, but he was so much more than that.