- 𝟐𝟐 -

C M B

"If I could tell her
How she's everything to me
But we're a million worlds apart
"
If I Could Tell Her - Ben Platt, Laura Dreyfuss

"No." I put down my hangers with a white t-shirt and black jeans. I hold up another outfit. This time a black button down with black pants.

"Hmm..no." I sigh as I put the hangers down on my bed along with the other rejects. "Wait! Maybe." the short, indecisive blonde says.

"Ashley!" I tell the younger, female version of me as I put the outfit in the maybe pile. "There are about 50 different outfits here. Can't we just pick one?" I look at the amount of clothes on my bed and then the small remainder left in my closet. "I'm running out of clothes here."

"Hey you're the one who asked me for help. It's not my fault you're stressing over this dinner." I toss the extra hangers onto my bed, staring at the mountain of clothes that are in the rejects pile. On the other hand, the maybe pile and definitely pile are barely more than 3 outfits.

"I wasn't stressing. I just thought I could use some guidance." I see Ashley give me a "are you for real?" look on my phone. "Yeah okay, guidance from your 18 year old sister that you've never asked for fashion help before." she says.

"Okay okay," I laugh, "Fair enough. But this would've been easier if you just came over and helped." I begin to put away the reject outfits back in my closet, making it somewhat organized.

"I would've, but I'm at Ava's." she says. So that explains the background noises. They're probably watching Outer Banks for the 5th time. "Didn't you sleepover last night?" I check the time on my phone - 4:20. If I don't pick an outfit soon, I'm gonna be late.

"Yeah, then we filmed a video for today so now we're editing." she explains. "Oh and by the way, Ava agrees with me, she likes the grey button down outfit best." I go over to my bed, checking through the definitely pile. "It's in the maybe pile stupid." Ash says with a laugh. Oh how wonderful it is to have siblings.

I find the hanger with my grey button down and black pants, "This one?" I ask as I hold up the outfit to the screen. "Yep now onto shoes." she says, her eyes focused on the laptop screen in front of her. She's been editing for a while now - must be a good video. I show her all my shoes that are nicely organized by type and color, unlike my closet that's a mess now that I took everything out.

"Dress down with some casual black sneakers or something." she says, keeping her eyes on her screen. "Wow very specific." I say as I look at my sneakers. I find a pair and hold it up to the screen.

"It'll do." Ashley says with a satisfied look on her face. You know I think it all looks just fine. I'm just going to a dinner, not the red carpet. Unless I'm under dressed and everyone's in their best Sunday clothes. Or what if I'm over dressed and her brothers are in hoodies when I get there? I don't wanna look like a fool and embarrass myself. What if-

"Hey, when you're done talking to yourself in your little staff meeting, try on the outfit." Ash says, interrupting my thoughts. I do as she says and leave my phone on my dresser as I walk into the bathroom with my outfit. Luckily I showered an hour ago so that's out of the way. After I put on my clothes, I spray just a little bit of cologne on me.

I walk out and grab my phone to show my outfit to Ashley. "Not bad Corbs, definitely family dinner ready." she says.

"Thanks, I try y'know." I tell her as I look at my reflection in the mirror. I check the time again - 4:45. Lara texted me earlier today saying dinner starts at 6, but be there at 5:30. Looks like I have just enough time to brush my teeth, fix up my hair, and even stop by the florist on my way there.