- 𝟑𝟗 -

L R C

"I been up all night, no sleep
'Cause I feel like I'm always dreaming"

All Night - The Vamps

"Lara get up!" I hear Mia yell from the kitchen. I hear my phone alarm ring from under my pillow and I throw it across my room, hoping it would stop. "Lara c'mon you gotta get up!" Mia yells again.

"I'm coming!" I yell back grumpily. I don't even know what day it is. I've been staying home most days, waiting for Corbyn's calls or something. I know, it's sad. I've been trying to find another job, but I'm too nervous to do anything regarding the journalist world ever since my last encounter. 

"Lara, this is pathetic. Get up we're going shopping." Mia demands. I get up from my covers and get ready for the day. Mia hands me some breakfast as we take a seat on our balcony, looking over the LA view. I open my phone to social media, but before I can see anything, Mia snatches my phone out of my hands.

"Mia-"

"Ah ah ah, no buts. I'm not gonna watch you stare at your phone all day for any news about your famous boyfriend." she says. I lower my eyes at her, shooting her a glare. "I'm serious Lar, ever since Corbyn left for tour, all you've been doing is waiting for him to come back. The Lara I know wouldn't spend her days waiting for a guy, she'd make the most out of her days and seize them triumphantly." Mia says. I mean, she's not half wrong, but it's not like I'm pining over him.

"Okay fine, sheesh you make it sound like I have separation anxiety." I say sarcastically, but she gives me a look believing otherwise. I finish up my breakfast, ignoring what Mia thinks. We go downstairs and out of the lobby while saying goodbye to the doorman. 

"So where should we head to first?" Mia asks, linking my arm with hers. "Rodeo? Melrose? How about the Grove?" she goes on naming other street names I haven't stepped foot on. I laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Whoa there," I giggle, "What do I look like to you? Some trust fund baby?" 

"Nooo..." she says high pitched, a classic Mia thing to do. "I'm just saying maybe you should treat yourself today." she suggests. I look at her to see her wear her clever smile proudly.

"Call an Uber, this could be a while." I say as Mia already has her phone up to her ear.

~ ~ ~

We get to the mall and head to Starbucks first to get drinks for our journey. As soon as we have our drinks, Mia and I go up the escalator and head into American Eagle for some essentials. It's been a while since the two of us hung out like this together. Usually it would be us plus Jordan, but not anymore. Turns out the two of them did break up, but neither of them have given me any details as to why and how. Although, Mia seems pretty good for someone who just got out of a serious relationship, so I shouldn't be too worried right?

We walk inside American Eagle and bump into some Limelights who approached us for some pictures. This will certainly take some time to get used to. Thankfully Mia demanded I dress nice today just in case anything were to happen. Mia and I take some selfies and pics with fans, not having much time to shop for anything.

"I think I saw you at the LA concert!" one girl says after taking a picture with me. "I saw you with Corbyn! You guys are sooo cute!" her friend says after. I can't help but laugh, unsure how to react. Thankfully, Mia comes to my rescue with her small talk.

"I know right! They're adorable, definitely goals." she says, mingling with the rest of the fans. Half an hour passes and we haven't bought anything yet, but I don't mind. It's actually really fun interacting with everyone. Eventually, a big crowd comes to the store and we're forced to go out so that the store doesn't get too crowded. Never thought I'd draw up a crowd like that, but anything could happen.

"It was so nice meeting all of you!" I say as I wave goodbye to all the fans. Mia and I walk into another store, except this time they have people escort us inside so that the crowd won't follow. The boys really weren't kidding when they said going out in public can be a struggle. Mia and I find some cute clothes that would look good with a pair of shoes we got at home.

After shopping for hours, we get out of the mall to get some dinner. Mia still has my phone, so I haven't seen anything Corbyn related all day. I don't know how much longer she'll have my phone, but hopefully I can still have it before he goes to bed. 

Mia and I decide to eat dinner at Boa Steakhouse. Never been in my life, but apparently Mia has once before and claims it's delicious. On the way there, Mia made reservations for us tonight. We drop off our bags at our apartment building before heading out again, doing a quick outfit change with out new clothes. By the time we got to the restaurant, it was already 8:00 PM.

Our Uber drops us off near the restaurant and we begin to get out of the car. Suddenly, a handful of paparazzi come towards us and take a million pictures. The flash of the cameras hurt my eyes and make me a little lightheaded. Mia and I push past all of them, trying to get into the restaurant. This will never end now will it?

We finally get inside and the two of us begin to laugh at the crowd of people trying to get inside. The waiter brings us to our table and we take a seat, trying to catch our breaths. 

"Well look at you little miss popular." Mia teases. I roll my eyes at her playfully as I pick up the menu.

"I gotta admit, today was fun." I tell her, thanking my best friend. A smile like the Cheshire cat grows on her face. "What?" 

"I have one more surprise for you." she says while reaching into her purse for her phone. I put the menu down and look at her confused. She slides me her phone from across the table and I see two plane tickets for New York scheduled for next week. I keep scrolling to see two tickets for Why Don't We's concert in Radio City Music Hall.

"Mia what is this..." I look up to the smiling blonde, who looks like she's about to explode out of her seat.

"We're going to New York!" she squeals. I look at her, smiling so much my teeth hurt. I've always wanted to go to New York, Mia's known that for years. I just can't believe I get to go now. And the best part about this trip...I'll get to see Corbyn. The one thing I've been dying to do all this time.

. . .

(a/n)

me finally updating? shocker.

ok but tea coming soon. i'm bored hehe