- 𝟐𝟖 -

C M B

"I'm sure you're busy now, why else would you ignore me?
Or do you need space?
You can't help it if your mind has changed"
Break My Heart Again - FINNEAS

~ ~ ~ 1 Week Later... ~ ~ ~

Lara 🤍

Today at 9:15 AM
hey you, good morning :)

Today at 10:45 AM
hey how are you

Today at 12:39 PM
just left the studio
wanna meet for lunch?

Today at 5:15 PM
hey everything alright?

did i do something?

you know you can talk to me

lar you're scaring me :(

"Hey this is Lara. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now, I'll get back to you when I can."

"Hey it's me, Corbyn...Uh, you haven't been responding to my texts. Just hoping you're okay. Please call me back, you're kinda scaring me. Anyways, text me or call me when you get this."

"Dude, that's the 4th time this week..." Zach says as I take a seat on the couch. I toss my phone on the pillow next to me, putting my hands behind my neck. "When was the last time you guys talked?" Jonah asks as he walks in from the kitchen. Daniel follows from behind him.

"Last week, at her place." I tell them. Last time I talked to her or saw her was after her housewarming party. The night I told her how I truly felt. "So is she your girlfriend yet?" Daniel asks. Classic Daniel, always getting straight to the point.

"Yes...??" I say, unsure how to even answer. I probably would've had an answer if she'd return my calls. "Maybe." I tell them, giving them my final answer.

"Very specific." Daniel says, unimpressed with my answer. Sorry to disappoint Daniel, but I'm a little disappointed myself. Is she upset or something? Was it something I did? I mean, she did tear up the last time I saw her, but she wouldn't say why. Nothing bad happened at the party, so it probably was something I did. If only she could tell me so I could take whatever is bothering her away. Even if I was her problem...I'd take myself away too.

"Well she obviously likes you too..." Jack says, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, and just because you guys aren't official doesn't mean you aren't friends." Jonah states after him. That's the thing though...I thought we were official - or are - or...I don't even know anymore.

"Yeah you guys are friends." Daniel says, adding onto what Jonah said.

"Friends who kiss and stuff-" Zach mumbles jokingly.

"Zach!" the rest of them say to him. I mean maybe he's right, that's all we'll ever be. Friends with benefits. Ugh even the sound of that makes me nauseous. I don't want us to be that way. I want us to be able to walk around in public hand in hand. I want her to not be afraid to take as many pictures as she wants with me to show to her friends. I wanna be the one she goes to first when there's something bothering her. I wanna be her emergency contact when she's in trouble. I want her to want me the way I want her...

"I'm sure there's just some misunderstanding." Jonah says, trying to look on the positive side.

"Yeah like maybe she's getting her phone fixed or something." Daniel says after him. It's nice if them to try to make the situation better, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm worried about her.