- 𝟐𝟔 -

C M B

"'Cause I want you
I want you"
Honesty - Pink Sweat$

We continued to play board games and jam out to music for the rest of the party, dancing the night away. We laughed, ate, drank (some a little more than others), and overall had a good time. Before we knew it, the party ended and it was just me and Lara left in the apartment.

Mia went out with Jordan for coffee, leaving me and Lara all alone. I helped her clean up the remains of the small party before crashing on the couch once again. It was time to tell her everything I've kept to myself since that night.

*•.¸♡ 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟐, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ♡¸.•*

𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑... It was my 30th blind date. Daniel set me up with this girl named Megan and we went to another restaurant Downtown. She wouldn't stop going on about her ex, maybe she still had him on her mind. I surely knew how that felt...

The date went horrible. She didn't even know my name. She called me "Connor" for Pete's sake. And if that wasn't the worst thing that happened that night, my car got towed. I never really liked parking meters in the first place. I had to take the bus - something I hadn't done in a while. I was the only one at the stop, waiting for the bus all alone. Such a sad Friday night that was...

I sat near the front of the bus, sitting right by the window. One stop, two stops, three stops more. The bus stopped in front of a school - California State University. A group of girls came on the bus; I remember hiding just in case. But then that's when I saw her...

A girl with brown hair, wearing her over sized hoodie and black leggings was the last person to come on the bus. She had her light grey JanSport backpack on, she held the straps tightly as she walked on. She sat in the seat across from me, headphones in her ears. I thought she was beautiful...I still think she is.

The bus took a sharp turn and her bag slid off the seat. An Of Mice and Men book came to my feet. It was her brother she said, for he wasn't a bookworm, but the total opposite. She finally gave me a name to match to her hazel eyes and brown hair. And I gave her my number and address in return.

Midnight; she texted me first.

*•.¸♡ 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ♡¸.•*

𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑... She came to my house to retrieve her brother's book. It wasn't like I stole it, I just simply found it on her seat where she left it. I remember not being able to find it, and stalling for hours. I made her drive me to the impound garage to get my car, yet she didn't question anything. I remember thinking that she might just be as crazy as I am.

She easily got along with my friends, finding interest despite all their craziness. My friends liked her too, maybe just as much as I did. She left to go have dinner with her sister, but all I wanted was for her to come back.

*•.¸♡ 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ♡¸.•*

𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑... I went to her house to help her study. She introduced me to her family just like I was a regular guy. I wasn't Corbyn Besson, 1/5 of Why Don't We; I was "Just Corbyn" according to her. She put her siblings before herself, even if it meant putting a stop to her plans. Her brother thought I was cool. He also thought I was her boyfriend. The thought of being her boyfriend never crossed my mind at the time, but it was definitely a possibility.