- 𝟒𝟔 -

C M B

"On some nights like this, shawty, I can't help but think of us
I've been reminiscin', sippin', missin' ya
Can you tell me what's with all this distant love?"
Nights Like This - Kehlani ft. Ty Dolla $ign

"What are you doing here Christina?" I ask the brunette in front of me. I see Lara come out from the restrooms, standing right by the doorway. Both of us look at each other and then at Christina. Last time we all saw each other, we seemed to be on good terms. But the look on Chris' face tells me otherwise.

Lara being the kind of person she is, she goes up and greets Christina with a hug. I'm not surprised she's so friendly to her. They did seem like good friends when we left New York, Lar told me they talked when we got to LA too.

"I didn't know you were coming." Lara says, pulling away from the hug.

"Uh yeah, Tate invited me. My flight got delayed though so...I think I'm a little late." Christina laughs nervously. I'm not sure if I should laugh along or not, I can see Lara thinking the same way. An awkward silence settles between the three of us for about 3 minutes.

"How bout we continue this conversation at my place." I say, trying to cut the tension. Lara nods her head enthusiastically agreeing to the plan.

"Yeah sounds good, it's getting cold anyway." she says, slipping her hands in the hoodie pockets. "I'll wait for Daniel and Mia, you start the car."

"Okay," I look at Christina who has her suitcase behind her. "Did you Uber here?" I ask. She nods her head as she holds onto the handle of her suitcase. "Here I'll put this in the car for you." I say, taking her luggage.

"You really don't have to, I can bring it there it's fine." she imposes, taking her backpack back into her hands. I look at her knowing full well she'll still be against it. "Chris c'mon, I don't mind." I say once more before she finally gives up, handing me her bags.

"I'll be back with the car." I tell the two before heading to the parking lot.

It's not too long when I pull up to the bathrooms where Mia and Daniel now are. I stop the car and wait for everyone to go inside. Lara in the front passenger seat with Mia, Daniel, and Christina in the back. Mia's already half asleep, knocked out on Daniel's shoulder. I make eye contact with Christina through the rear view mirror and immediately look away, she does the same. Everything about this doesn't feel right.

We get to the house and Mia and Daniel go out first. I open the trunk to get Christina's bags while Lara unlocks the front door. We all eventually head inside and me, Lara, and Christina go to the living room while Daniel brings Mia upstairs.

After we get settled down, the three of us take a seat on the couches, returning back to the awkward tension from before.

"So...how are you?" Lara asks Christina first, starting off the conversation with something nice.

"It was alright, other than the hour delay it was good." Chris tells her. I try to read her face to see if there's something she's holding back on, but she's as emotionless as ever - definitely not Christina.

"And Tate knows you landed?" I ask her. She looks at me, flustered.

"Y-Yeah, I texted her in the car." she says as she nods her head.

"'Kay, just didn't want her getting worried y'know." I just wanna get to the point already. Why is she here and why is everything about this so cryptic...

"So that thing you were gonna tell us?" I ask, bringing us back to why we're all really here. Now I've been to some awkward team meetings with the record, but nothing beats this.