- 𝟏𝟖 -

C M B

"Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby
You are bringing out a different kind of me"
Fallin' All In You - Shawn Mendes

"Well you do make dreams come true." she teases. I laugh it off, pulling her closer as we continue to sway to the music. After a couple minutes, her head comes up from my shoulder quickly, her face lightened up like a little kid. "Oh my God you know what I just realized?"

"What?" I say, smiling as I see the happiness in her face. "We didn't eat the ice cream yet." she says, taking my hand as we go back inside the canopy. "We gotta hurry before it melts!" she exclaims while she digs through the picnic basket for the ice cream and some spoons. I laugh as she hands me a spoon. "I didn't know you were such a big ice cream fan." I say.

"Who isn't an ice cream fan? And it would be a shame if this all went to waste." she says as she puts a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth. "Okay true true." I laugh as I eat mine. While we finished up our ice cream, we told more stories from our past. From ridiculous childhood memories, to crazy coincidences.

"Wait wait wait, so your sister, the one from the party, dated WeeklyChris?" I ask her. She nods her head yes while taking another spoon of her ice cream. "Yeah they met at a convention in LA in 2012, Maggie's freshman year. Then started dating in middle of 2013, then broke up around 2017."

"Wow. That's actually pretty cool. Was your sister a fan of him and went to see him?" It's kinda fun to hear scenarios like this happen. Everything happens when you least expect it. Time just moves fast and life does whatever it wants to.

"No actually she was invited to go with a friend who was a big fan and then Chris found her on Insta saying that he remembered her from the convention." she says, licking the rest of the ice cream off her spoon.

"Damn. They must've been good if they lasted that long." I say. I move some of the pillows and stack them up so I can lean on them. She throws out the ice cream carton and turns around to look at me. I look back at her to see chocolate ice cream on the top of her lip and can't help but laugh a little.

"What..." she asks confused. "Ugh do I have something?" her face goes red as she tries to wipe the stain away. How is it possible for someone to touch every spot on their face except where the stain actually is. As painful as it is to watch, it's very entertaining.

"Can I just?" I ask as I lean over to her to wipe it off. My thumb brushes off against her lip, wiping the stain away. "There." I laugh, her face becomes a bright pink. "You're just full of surprises Matthew." she says in a sarcastic tone. My jaw drops as she calls me Matthew. "I- Did Daniel tell you to call me that?" We both laugh, but she shakes her head.

"Why you don't like the nickname?" she pouts playfully. "No no, I don't care. Call me whatever you want. I'm just glad you're calling me in the first place." I say with a wink. She looks at me "unimpressed" but then has the cutest smile on her face.

"Okay then...Fairy Godmother, don't I have to be home by midnight or else everything goes bad?" she asks with a grin. Out of all the nicknames, it had to be Fairy Godmother. As if she read my mind, she says, "Whattt? You said that nickname was starting to grow on you." she giggles.

"Fine..." I say. I turn on my phone to check the time - 11:55. "Well, let's see...do you still have a curfew?" I smirk. She rolls her eyes at me playfully. "Just because I'm short doesn't make me a kid." she says, arms crossed.