- 𝟑𝟕 -

L R C

"And if the sky falls I'll catch it
Just to steal you a star"
Free - Why Don't We

After the show and saying goodbye to the boys, Mia and I went to my parent's house for a late dinner. It's been a while since we all sat together for dinner, and I haven't seen him since I left for Utah. The only person I'm somewhat comfortable talking to is Nate, but hopefully that will change.

I haven't spoken to my mom or Maggie in weeks, mainly 'cause I don't know what to say to them. I'm still not allowed to drive by myself - doctor's orders. So Mia will have to be behind the wheel tonight. She hasn't talked about Jordan too much ever since I came back either. I wonder if they broke up...If so, why won't she come to me and talk about it?

We get to my house and pull into the driveway, seeing that the lights are still on. The traffic coming from the venue was brutal, so it'd be nice just to relax. Mia and I get out of the car and walk up the front porch, ringing the doorbell. The door opens and we are greeted by Maggie, who has a tired look on her face.

"Hey." she says, surprised to see me. "What are you guys doing here?" she asks.

"We were told there's some dinner waiting for us." Mia says truthfully. Maggie lets us inside, avoiding eye contact with me. 

"Lar I'm sorry-"

"Yeah I know you are..." I say, interrupting her. "And I forgive you." A relieved, but shocked look takes over her face. She opens her mouth to say something, but I stop her again, "Whatever apology you were planning on saying, just save it. I forgive you okay? I don't wanna talk about it anymore." 

I walk into the kitchen, following Mia who's already looking inside the kitchen for leftovers. She finds two Tupperware bowls of food for both of us. She heats them up in the microwave and I turn on the lights to the living room. I see my mom walk in from her office and she immediately spots me first.

"Lara, I didn't know you'd be coming." I don't get it. Didn't no one know I was coming? I got a text from Nate saying it was more than okay for me to come, so did no one see this coming?

"Nate said there was some dinner left for us so..." I say with my back towards her. I center the plant on the coffee table just to stall. Mia walks over to me with both bowls in hand, giving me one. Burrito bowls. One of my favorites.

"Lar, I know you're mad at me but-" 

"Mom, it's...it's whatever, I don't wanna talk about it right now." I say, trying to switch the topic. I know she feels bad, and she should, I just don't know what to say to her without blowing up. Mia turns on the TV and we begin to watch Mean Girls since it was the first thing on. I don't know what happened while I was away. I don't think I want to know. I don't even know if my mom knows where I went in the first place, or if she knows about the crash. 

"Hey how was the concert?" I hear my mom ask from the kitchen. Looks like I'll have to talk to her after all.

"It was good." I say quietly. Mia puts down her bowl onto the coffee table, "It was amazing." she adds on.

"That's nice. And the boys, they're off on tour now?" Way to remind me again Mom. Corbyn's on the road to Las Vegas, meanwhile I was just there a few weeks ago. "Yep, we said goodbye a couple hours ago." Mia tells her. I'm kinda glad Mia's doing all the talking right now, I still don't know how to talk to my mom without getting upset.

"Aw that must've been hard." Yes Mom. Thanks for reminding me again. Mia looks behind us, facing her way. I see her making faces at my mom as if they got their own secret language. Don't tell me they're scheming together now...That's the last thing I need right now.