- 𝟓𝟏 -

C M B

"And in the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different kind"

Skinny Love - Birdy

"Wow."

"I know right." I laugh, looking at my reflection. I turn around to Christina as she gets another good look at me, "I think it's cool."

She gives a friendly smile, "Yeah it looks sick." It's the first time she got to see my new hair, but I'm glad she thought it looked good. I on the other hand can't stop touching it - I'm obsessed.

I turn around back to the mirror and reveal a proud smile, who knew hair could make me so happy? I walk over to the guest bed where she's seated and try to not look at my reflection again.

"Where's Lara?" she asks while seated on the guest bed, her suitcase packed next to her.

"Oh she's at her place, we're doing something tonight though." I tell her casually. I only found Christina when Tate dropped her at the house to pick up her stuff so she can stay at Tate's.

"So you've decided." she sighs, "It's okay, I knew you would've picked her."

I knew I would pick her too.

I expected to see some sort of pain in her eyes, so I couldn't help but say "I'm sorry Chris-"

She interrupts me, "No don't be, we had our time." she says. For the first time I knew she meant it this time.

A nervous laugh escapes my breath, "Yeah we had a good time alright." It's funny how things change in a span of just a couple of months. About 5 months ago, I spent 2 years waiting for this moment. I spent days wondering if this would happen; and it did, it just happened too late.

"I hope you've found what you were looking for." Christina speaks up. I look at her and a soft smile grows on my face, a feeling that I haven't felt in a while since she came back - peace. I'm at peace knowing I can look at her and not feel the way I did before.

I look at her and nod my head, "I hope you find what you're looking for someday."

It's strange the more I think about it. It's like an end of an era. Sure we broke up ages ago, but even after that Christina was the only thing I thought about. Now everything's just a memory. A bittersweet, but refreshing feeling. Back then we were kids who thought everything would work out, but what we didn't know was that it all happened for a reason. We didn't know that we'd be here face to face, finally letting go 2 years after we broke up. I didn't think it'd be me who'd have to tell her to let go when I swore it'd be the other way around. It's crazy to see how things have changed.

Christina's phone breaks our comfortable silence, and she answers it to see it's Tate who's waiting for her out front. "Looks like that's my cue." she chuckled. 

We both get up and I can't help but give her a hug. Luckily the feeling is mutual and we share a short, but meaningful one before I help her carry down her luggage. We walk downstairs to the front door and see Tate's car in the driveway. I give her a wave as Christina walks outside.

I scratch the back of my neck as I watch her go down the front porch steps, "Thanks for visiting. Despite how things happened, it was nice seeing you again."

"Yeah it was nice, thanks for putting up with my shit." she says, causing us both to laugh. She opens the back door and tosses her luggage in and looks at me before going into the front passenger seat, "I'll see you around Corbs."

"See you around." I say with a smile. As the car drives off to the main road, it feels like what I'm doing is right. After what felt like forever, I'm letting go to that part of my past and I don't feel guilty about it. There's a new beginning for me, and I know for sure who it'll be with.

. . .

a/n

v short filler chapter for some closure on christina

so now we got some cora coming our way

10 chapters left :'')