7

"Kristoff, I have a writ of passage signed by the prince himself, you cannot keep me from entering." Jessa argues with the elf that has been assigned to the border guard. It's just her luck that it is her biggest bully. She hadn't realized that he was that close to graduating and getting a place in the army. It's a good thing the prince had given her the summons spell and that it works for her. Not all magic does, at least she now understands a bit more about why.

Kristoff smirks at the human that he's tormented for years thinking that at last he will be able to beat her at something other than running. "I have my orders that say that you are not to be allowed passage into Silva. General Snodgras himself sent down those orders."

Jessa finishes the incantation before replying to his words. "Yeah, your father doesn't have the authority to go over the prince's orders. The writ of passage was given to me by the prince himself and signed by the king. Those orders trump any from your father. My father would like to visit with me and so his orders would take precedence over your father's orders as well." Jessa does her best to keep her irritation out of it. Kristoff pushes things though and she longs to just beat him silly.

"General Snodgras said that the orders came from your father." Kristoff smirks thinking that he's finally won the argument.

"Then you are an idiot," Prince Dhiren says stepping out of the shadows of the trees. "There is no way that General Brightblade would countermand my orders and deny Jessa entrance to Silva." Dhiren then looks to Jessa before remarking to her. "I've been waiting for this. It seems that some of the guards are unable to accept a royal command. I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Jessa looks away from her annoying bully and turns her attention to the prince. "Not your fault Prince. Kristoff has always had it out for me. Feels that it's an insult that I out performed him in everything except running."

Dhiren gives her a faint smile before turning back to the now humiliated guard. "Have your father report back to General Brightblade. I will be there in about an hour to speak to them both. Have him send out a replacement for you as well, since you will be joining him." Kristoff blanches white at those words before giving a slight bow and running off to do as the Prince commands. Shortly another elf comes to take the disgraced elf's place.

"Will you permit me to walk with you as you go to visit your parents?" The prince asks her softly breaking the awkward silence.

"I can't stop you, Prince. This is after all your kingdom and I am but a visitor here." Jessa doesn't mean to allow so much bitterness into her tone and words, but there doesn't seem to be much she can do about it.

She's walking ahead of the prince and so misses the wince he gives at her bitter words.

"Please, Jessa," Dhiren's plea causes Jessa to slow down and wait for the prince. "Perhaps this is the wrong time. The celebration is coming up." Dhiren is talking about the main celebration of Lady Zira, their goddess. "I hope to see you there."

Jessa gives a snort. "I don't know. It will depend on whether or not I find a caravan that will be returning this way, willing to take me. It might come through earlier or later than the celebration."

"Stop, please, Jessa." Dhiren says and the young human stops and faces the prince. "I understand. I also understand that you likely see me as an enemy right now. Perhaps an enemy that tried to buy your forgiveness. I wouldn't blame you if you did. It isn't what those gifts were about and I hope that you didn't take it that way."

"Fine, you want to talk about the gifts? Why don't you tell me just why you sent so much money with me? Once Frosnak tallied the amount, you made me one of her top customers. She was more than pleased to take me on as a customer."

Dhiren gives her a faint smile. "Good, that was the idea. I told you before that nothing we can give you will make up for what we are taking away or rather what we took away. My parents as well as myself wanted to make sure that you would have sufficient funds to figure out your new circumstances. We set up the first job for you so that you could see if it was what you really want to do. 

"The human world is different than ours and we wanted you to have the time to find what would make you happy in that new world."

"Uh huh, I see." Jessa replies less than impressed by the princes words.

"Jessa, if you do make it in time for the celebration, I would like it if you would consider me as your partner." The prince decides to just spit out the rest of his thoughts.

"Prince, you don't like humans. There are many elven females that would love to be your partner, so why are you asking me?"

"I have realized that I have been wrong in my feelings. I don't hate you and would honestly like to have you as my partner."

"I'm sorry, Prince, but it would be my first time and I have no desire to have it be with some one that hates humans." Jessa tells the prince more than a little shocked at his invitation.

Dhiren, is more than a little shocked that she hasn't been with anyone. She is, after all someone that grew up in their culture. "You've never completed the rites?"

Jessa gives a rather bitter chuckle. "Right, like any of you elves would be willing to have me as a partner. Look, I know that I'm considered ugly and all, but there's no need to make fun of me."

Dhiren turns to her beyond shocked. "I am not making fun of you. You are not ugly. You are, for a non elf, beautiful, just as your mother was." Jessa snorts in displeasure at his words. For too long she was always compared to the elves and came  up lacking.

"I'm serious, prince." Jessa is getting more than a little upset at his words.

Dhiren lifts his hand up to her face, "As am I."

Jessa turns from the prince and leaves to go to her parent's place.

"You are like a rose amongst lilies." Dhiren says and follows behind her once she starts moving once more.

Jessa scoffs. "It doesn't change the fact that you hate humans. I won't have my first time be with someone that hates humans." By then they are at the only real home Jessa has ever known.