55

Several days go by and still there is little change in Jessa's condition. Dhiren's peace is interrupted by a messenger. "Forgive me prince, but that human merchant that Princess Jessa signed up to protect is demanding your presence." The messenger swallows in fear at the reaction his words bring.

Dhiren has been in a foul mood the longer Jessa stays unconscious and the slimy human demanding, not requesting his presence just sends his temper soaring. "He does, does he?" Dhiren says marching out of the room and the messenger runs the opposite direction not daring to stay near his enraged prince.

Dhiren strides to the stable and grabs his horse. Not bothering with a saddle or even a bridle, Dhiren sets his horse into a gallop towards the border where the officious snake is being carefully watched over. None of them trust him and the guards keep their hands on their weapons just waiting for an excuse to use them against the merchant.

Dhiren comes to an abrupt halt in front of the angry human, he has trouble keeping his own anger under control as he confronts the arrogant ass. "You demand to see me? What right have you to demand to see your better? The only reason why you still live is because Jessa signed on to protect you. Had it not been so you would have been summarily executed for the disrespect you've shown me and my people.

"The few men that survived are still a long ways from being healed enough to travel with you to Castlerock. You are, however, free to leave without them. You will give them the wages they've earned saving your worthless hide and I'll make sure that you do by having Frosnak oversee that it is done. You will also give the families of those that died the money they earned saving your ass.

"Is there anything else you wanted to see me about?" Dhiren is all but spitting fire at this point and Culeb backs up, more than a little scared of the elven prince in that moment.

"Yes, I demand that you supply me with guards to take me back to Castlerock. It is your duty to do so. I also demand reparations for the loss of time and men. I have been kept overlong here in these primitive conditions and have need to return. Since those of my men that survive are under your care you owe me to give me guards."

Dhiren narrows his eyes, he's beyond furious at this pompous ass. "I OWE YOU? In what way, shape or form do I or the elven nation owe you? If it wasn't for me and my people there would be no survivors from that death trap. If it weren't for Jessa and my scouts fighting those bandits your men and you, would be lying in the sun with the animals picking your bones clean.

"It is due to Jessa and her incredible skills and that of Nathan that there were any still alive for my people to heal.

"No, human. I and my people don't owe you shit. You on the other hand owe me and my people and Jessa everything. You are not being kept here against your will. You are free to go at any time and we wish that you would. There aren't likely to be any bandits between here and Castlerock so you shouldn't have any trouble getting back with out assistance. If you are in that big of a hurry," Dhiren motions with his arms, "Leave.

"If you wish for an escort you will need to sit down, and shut the fuck up until such a time as Jessa and the other survivors are able to return to Castlerock. Jessa still hasn't awakened but we are hopeful that soon she will.

"I would suggest, rather strongly at that, that you never demand to speak to me again. In the future you will treat me and my people with respect or we will start giving you the same respect you give us. If you keep it up long enough we will take the caravan in reparations for the death of my people that stood in your defense against the bandits. Now that I think of it, I do believe that is a good idea." Dhiren narrows his eyes at the human before him and smiles to see the fear on the merchants face. It is well within Dhiren's right to demand payment since so many elves did die on the behalf to the human with out the elves being hired by him for protection.