88

Something is very wrong. Jessa feels drained and doesn't want to get up. The thought is more than she can bare. Dhiren, more than a little worried, goes and gets Alaric.

Alaric looks Jessa over. She is more unconscious than conscious at this point. "Tell me how did things go last night?" Alaric demands.

"We made contact with Prince Sy. He accepted the blood bond or whatever it is that Jessa did. Then danced under the moonlight holding the court a bit distracted while the prince recovered."

Mel shows up then and talks to Alaric. He's more than a little upset at this time and so speaks faster than normal. Alaric's expression grows dark as he listens. He stops Mel from speaking and tells Dhiren what the little dragon told him.

"The king died last night. The councilors are saying that it was you two that poisoned him and killed him. Guards are on their way. The merchants are being kicked out as well.

"It seems that the prince is sick, but from what Jessa is going through, it's likely that he's being tortured. Otherwise she wouldn't keep being drained like she is. He's likely near to death. You two need to get out of here now. Get outside the gates. Go to Silva and don't return until the upcoming war is over."

"What about Prince Sy?" Dhiren demands. Jessa likes him and wouldn't want him to suffer.

"Their lives are now linked. Jessa doesn't have enough control yet to keep from dying if he dies. I'll make sure that the prince is taken to safety. But you must leave before they seal the gates."

Frosnak shows up at that point. "Your horses and the elven guards are already outside of the gates. Sorsha and Kristoff are waiting anxiously for you there. I'll make sure you get out without being seen."

"If the gates are sealed, what will the people do? Most of the food is brought in by the caravans."

"Don't worry prince, I have set up with the people store houses that the government doesn't know about. The people won't starve unless it takes longer than a month to deal with the issue."

Jessa manages to wake up long enough to understand what is going on. "Get the food out of the castle. If the councilors are starving then they'll have to give up. I think most of the guards are on the side of the prince. Once they find out that there is no food and the prince is captive they'll turn on the councilors."

Alaric gives a very reptile like smile at Jessa's words. "Very nice, Jessa, you are right. I know people in the castle that will be able to make the food disappear and the prince. You two are the ones that I'm worried about. Get moving."

"I'll give you both some food as we move." Frosnak promises. 

Jessa nods and Dhiren does his best to help her get dressed. He ends up carrying her as Frosnak explains how to control the energy loss. Immediately Jessa starts feeling better. She doesn't dare stop the flow leaving her though, since it might be the only thing keeping Sy alive at this point.

Frosnak leads them to an underground passage that will take them outside the city. "I've already sent messages to Jasper and Lady Silvermoon. They will meet you by the forest edge. They were able to get a small caravan together yesterday, but in order to make it believable you'll need to add to it in Silva or Kyron.

"If you want to make this trip profitable, take items from Silva. The elven products are always in high demand and you haven't sent much out this year."

Dhiren shrugs, "The normal merchants we deal with haven't come by. I think they might have been killed by bandits up north. I have no trouble taking the accumulated products with us. The creators wouldn't mind getting some of the human money either."

"When we return we'll need to take back spidersilk." Jessa manages to interject.

"But of course. That is always one of the highest selling items. Also, I think some of those glass objects that you liked from Master Silvermoon's caravan. Those should do well in Silva." No one mentions the war that is coming and how impractical glass ornaments will be. The elves have been quietly preparing for war for some time now, but they always have time for beauty.

"Sounds lovely," Frosnak says as she sends them on their way. "I'll stop by and check it out if you send Mel to me when you get back. Now get a move on."

"What about you and Alaric? When the guards don't find us they might come after you."

"Oh, they can try, but they won't be able to do anything to your grandfather or myself. Alaric's shop/house is probably the most protected place anywhere. Many of the prince's supporters will likely go there for protection. As will the caravan guards that didn't make it out of the city before the gates were sealed. They are more than a little outraged that you and Dhiren are being called murderers of the king."

Frosnak smiles, "The poor that your programs have helped are already stirring up resistance among the masses. There is going to be a full scale revolution before much longer. Alaric is loving it. Don't worry, Princess, we'll do our best to secure Prince Sy his throne and take down the fools now running the kingdom. He's their best chance for surviving the upcoming war.

"Once his throne is secure, we'll have him learn about the upcoming war and get them prepared for a drawn out siege or battle. We'll do our best to save Castlerock, it is after all our home, at least for now."

Jessa nods thoughtfully, "Just how many dragons are there here?"

Frosnak smiles slyly before giving her a vague reply, "Far more than any one would suspect. Now go!" Frosnak says one last time and closes the door to the passage leaving Jessa and Dhiren no other choice but to follow it. 

Jessa calls a magic light to show them the route and they make decent time going through the unknown way. They finally come to the end and Jessa gives a sigh of relief. The passage had be of decent size, but she had felt uncomfortable inside it. Not completely claustrophobic, but highly uncomfortable.

They work their way to where their friends and guards were waiting for them.

Jessa is pleased to see Josnick there as well.

"Lovely to see you made it out."

Josnick grunts unhappily. "I don't like the lies they are spewing about you two. I'd rather be inside and dealing with those traitors."

"I'd rather you be here. How familiar are you with the routes from Kyron north?"

"I used to ply those routes until about six or seven years ago, why?"

"I'd like to hire you to be the caravan master as we go through that way. We'll be making our way to the high elves." Jessa makes a face, "We have to present me to their court."

Josnick whistles, "I'm glad I won't be going into Lexin with you. No humans are allowed. That will be fun trying to get past the border guards since you are human."

Jessa makes a face, "Yeah, I'll worry about that later."

"Fair enough, I'll be happy to take you and the prince on your wedding trip." Josnick says sarcastically but sincerely. Jessa isn't sure how he does that.

Shortly Lady Silvermoon and Jasper join them. "We were able to get a small caravan together when we found out it would be better to leave immediately." Lady Silvermoon apologizes for not being better prepared.

"No worries, we'll be heading for Silva and filling out the caravan there and if needed we can get more items in Kyron." Jessa soothes the agitated merchant.

"Master Josnick has agreed to be the caravan master since he is familiar with the trails we need to go on. Get every one together we'll be leaving as soon as the mules are ready." Jasper nods curtly and moves off to get the guards moving.