85

Jessa hates shopping. At least the formal clothing type. She much prefers looking through the bazaar or open market to going into a shop and having something made. Frosnak has taken her on more than one shopping trip and she knows that she'll be there all day. At least she likely will.

She sighs as she is taken to the back and has her measurements taken once more. "Not much difference since the last time, that's good." The seamstress says pleased as she takes Jessa's measurements.

"Now, what kind of dress are you looking for?"

"A ball dress, she is being presented to the king and his court tomorrow night."

The seamstress hides her shock rather well, but still Jessa could tell that she wasn't expecting those words. "You are being presented to the king?"

"She is married to Prince Dhiren of Silva." Frosnak is more than a little pleased to let the arrogant human female know that. She only brought Jessa there because she is the one that is most in demand by the nobles. Frosnak wouldn't allow the humans to have any reason to mock her princess. Even if she didn't have strict orders to that end.

"I don't have much premade that would do for a royal ball." 

Jessa doesn't have the time for this. She is beyond bored and ready to go already. She detests being inside and wants to go work out her frustrations. She'll make Dhiren spar with her when she gets done. If he is there when she gets home, she sighs.

The seamstress runs over to where some premade dresses are and carelessly throws some of them about as she searches for the one that she thinks would be perfect.

She brings about half a dozen dresses with her when she returns.

Jessa takes one look at the first dress and refuses to even consider it further. There was far too much cloth, she would hardly be able to walk let alone do anything else.

The second wasn't much better. So it went until the last dress. It was far more daring, with the side cut out and half the material in the skirt portion than the other dresses.

The color and size was close enough to Jessa's liking that she was willing to try it on.

She really liked it except for the fact that her side wound scar was very visible as was the arrow wound on her chest. 

When she turned the dress down and told her the reason why the seamstress looked thoughtful. This dress isn't likely to be bought by any one else since it is more in the elven style than the human. "I could make a sheer under dress you could wear and it wouldn't mess with the style of the dress at all. You wouldn't be able to wear the normal under clothing with this dress any how. The underdress can be nearly invisible, but still it would be enough that the scarring wouldn't be very noticeable, I have just the material here."

The seamstress left to look for the expensive sheer material. "It is made of something called spidersilk and so although it isn't thick it is very strong and wearable." The seamstress says stroking the fabric almost lover like and so doesn't see Jessa's response.

Jessa smiles a slow and pleased smile. She has suspected before with the dress but is rather sure now that Lady Zira is involved with this dress. It seems that any time spidersilk is involved that she is as well.

The seamstress and Jessa talk about how to make and use the underdress. "You could, if you aren't shy use the underdress as a dress in and of itself once it's made."

Jessa's smile becomes absolutely blinding before she hides her pleasure behind her bored mask. She knows how she's going to create a disturbance tomorrow. Hopefully it will be enough for her to be able to get done what she needs to do. 

She'll let Dhiren know what she has planned once she sees him again.

Jessa is less than pleased to find herself hauled around to various shops even though she found the dress for the ball.

She finds something for Dhiren and after that demands to return to Alaric's house. Her feet hurt her more than they ever did when she went with the caravans. She just wants to relax and perhaps spar with Dhiren.

Dhiren takes the time open to him and goes shopping for himself as well. He does have something that will do for court, but not really for a ball. He and Kristoff enter a tailor's shop.

He talks to the tailor and tells him his needs. It doesn't take the tailor long to bring out some ready made clothes in Dhiren's size. Dhiren does his best to keep from sneering at the selection. Finally he finds a suitable outfit and he hides his awe at the spidersilk suit.

When he is given the price after trying it on Dhiren knows that his goddess has been messing again, but it has only been to their benefit when she does.

It is some time later that he leaves the tailor's shop smiling and whistling as he makes his way to the stables to check on Wind and Moonglow. It only hits him then that they won't have a way to get to the castle. They don't have a coach and it won't do to ride their horses unless they wish to smell of horse when they get there.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but he has no desire to smell of horse and have to smell all the other perfumes that will inevitably be around. The nobles don't seem to bathe any more than the poorer people. As a matter of fact, many of the poor use the public bathing rooms more than the nobles use their private ones.

Dhiren sneers at this as he makes his way to his favorite shop and buys several sweet breads. Since he's first been introduced to them he has bought some every time he comes and makes sure that the guards all have one as well. He makes sure that he gets Jessa one and that it won't be mashed before he has a chance to give it to her.

Then he makes his way through the afternoon crowds at the bazaar as he makes his way to Alaric's shop. He hopes that Jessa doesn't take much longer shopping.